12 week scan date wed 26th. Anyone else?

My scan was amazing my little peanut now looks like a baby kicking waving and bouncing away the sonographer said it was perfect :) I'm due 9th May. Hope everyone else has had a good scan my 20week scan is just before xmas on the 23rd dec :) xxx

Mostly good news. The sonographer had a field day with the baby. The lil one was moving around, playing with his/her hands and jumping away, but settled down to have his/her picture taken. She was completely cooing over the little bean about how perfect everything was and decided to take a picture to use for teaching purposes and even gave us two extra pic for free. I'm low risk on the combined tests with measurements and bloods looking great! Everything is in it's rightful place.

The only sour note is that I am back for a scan tomorrow with a consultant. She did spot a small amount of excess fluid near the heart, around 2mm when it should be 1.5mm. She didn't sound overly concerned, just cautious. So I'm hoping it's good news tomorrow. Sometimes this can be over measured if the angle is just slightly off. And sometimes it turns out to be nothing. We'll see tomorrow.

We just spent the last hour telling everyone. Both sets of grandparents are thrilled. It was a lot of fun! Feeling rather positive about tomorrow.

Measures exactly 12 weeks!
Due 10 May!
21 week scan - 30 Dec.

Attachments

• body.jpg
    body.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 8
  • waving.jpg
    waving.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
My scan was amazing my little peanut now looks like a baby kicking waving and bouncing away the sonographer said it was perfect :) I'm due 9th May. Hope everyone else has had a good scan my 20week scan is just before xmas on the 23rd dec :) xxx

Fantastic! Congrats Hun xx

Mostly good news. The sonographer had a field day with the baby. The lil one was moving around, playing with his/her hands and jumping away, but settled down to have his/her picture taken. She was completely cooing over the little bean about how perfect everything was and decided to take a picture to use for teaching purposes and even gave us two extra pic for free. I'm low risk on the combined tests with measurements and bloods looking great! Everything is in it's rightful place.

The only sour note is that I am back for a scan tomorrow with a consultant. She did spot a small amount of excess fluid near the heart, around 2mm when it should be 1.5mm. She didn't sound overly concerned, just cautious. So I'm hoping it's good news tomorrow. Sometimes this can be over measured if the angle is just slightly off. And sometimes it turns out to be nothing. We'll see tomorrow.

We just spent the last hour telling everyone. Both sets of grandparents are thrilled. It was a lot of fun! Feeling rather positive about tomorrow.

Measures exactly 12 weeks!
Due 10 May!
21 week scan - 30 Dec.

Beautiful scan pictures so clear! Treasure them :)

My friend had something similar at her 12 week scan but all was fine on the 2nd one so try not to worry xx

Congrats :) xx

Lovely pic kabuki, if baby was moving around loads then the measurement could just be out a bit. If she didn't seem concerned then thats a good sign.
Its amazing telling everyone isn't it? xx

Congrats hun!

Sorry there is a bit of a worry and the extra scan tomorrow but I'm sure everything is just fine.

Like Lisey says maybe the measurements are a bit out because baby was such a wiggle bum!

XX

Congrats, becs! That's great news!

Thanks everyone! It was a great feeling telling everyone. For my in-laws, this is their first as my wife is an only child and all her aunts, uncles and cousins are super excited as she's the eldest of the lot, so first of the kids to have a baby. For my parents, this will be lucky number 13, but I think they never thought this would happen. So the responses have been amazing!

I'm not too worried about tomorrow. I'm taking it one day at a time. I really enjoyed the scan. The sonographer was fantastic. It's so nice having everyone know now! Other than the wait this time, all my experiences with the hospital and midwives have been fantastic. The sad things is that it's likely I will have switch hospitals because I'm currently in SW London and if the mortgage comes through, we'll be moving to SE London. I really like this hospital!

Last edited:
Kabuk1 I've just seen your ticker and now I need chicken nuggets so bad!!

XX

Kabuk1 I've just seen your ticker and now I need chicken nuggets so bad!!

XX

Haha! I love that ticker. I nearly when for the geek one, but then Ery got it and as we are exactly the same, I can see the geek one too!

I was so on chicken fingers for a week about 4 weeks ago now. I'm not big on donuts, but at 11 weeks it was donut holes and I so wanted munchkins from Dunkin' Donuts.

Last edited:
wow congrats on the scan - beautiful i cant wait to tell everyone my big secret!

and i want nuggets too now!

so pleased for you girls glad everything went OK!

Glad the scans went ok ladies :) Kabuk hope all is perfect tomorrow, hopefully it was just your little one being too wriggly for good measurements.

:) we are the same lol and I've been craving chicken nuggets all day lol!! I'm a super geek even my uni degree is in artificial intelligence and I'm a huge marvel fan lol

I must admit that I would love for the baby to come a bit early on May 4th. Very geeky. I did postgrad in neuroscience for fun, although it was linked to education. My wife works in AI and started off in games design. We're both into comics, her more than me though, but not die hard Marvel, although we watch it all, more The Sandman and Y the Last Man. I really geeked out a uni with Magic the Gathering and old school games like bomberman on the xbox with an emulator.

Omg I was just talking about bomberman la few days ago!!

Hi guys. All went well today. Put me forward 2 days so now due date 8th may. Feeling exited and relieved :)

Attachments

• 1477507952248-1116511886.jpg
    1477507952248-1116511886.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 8
I was trying to find my son's scan earlier but I can't find it. Found all his baby photos though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back