12 week growth spurt?

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Albert's 12 weeks on monday and woke up at 4am wanting feeding. He hasn't done this for weeks, even through his other growth spurts. Is this a major one? I'm not fussed cos I was awake anyway, normally am at 3-4am, but it's just typical that I didn't make as many bottles last night so this was the last one. Good job the inlaws are away so I could have the microwave going at this ungodly hour lol. He's now back in his basket waiting for the sleep fairy to get him lol

Could be a growth spurt? Did he get what he usually gets in the day? If he was a bit short perhaps he needed a top up at night.

Yep, E was the same on Thu I think it was. Normal night service has now been resumed thank god!

Could be a growth spurt? Did he get what he usually gets in the day? If he was a bit short perhaps he needed a top up at night.

He had lots yesterday. Since Thursday all he has done is eat and sleep, very little awake time so think he's hitting the bottle a few days early lol.

The 12 week growth spurt was a major one for us. To be honest it was the only one I really noticed. - the others slipped by unnoticed. But at three months, LO spent dour or five days feeding constantly... Little guzzler! :)

Ah well there you go then :) its definitely that!

I haven't really noticed the growth spurts. Having said that I have gone back to feeding T bird in the night because she wouldn't settle very well so maybe we've hit it too.

i only noticed the 4 and 8 week ones really, the 12 week one included teething and meant she slept a lot but cried constantly when awake. the amber anklet i got her has helped tho i think, shes still teething but dosent scream about it much anymore, just the odd whinge all of a sudden and when sleepy. were coming up on the 16 week one soon and thats supposed to be a big one...

I haven't really noticed the growth spurts. Having said that I have gone back to feeding T bird in the night because she wouldn't settle very well so maybe we've hit it too.

Maybe hun, she's been so much more settled than she was though bless her. OH still asks me every day how she is lol

i only noticed the 4 and 8 week ones really, the 12 week one included teething and meant she slept a lot but cried constantly when awake. the amber anklet i got her has helped tho i think, shes still teething but dosent scream about it much anymore, just the odd whinge all of a sudden and when sleepy. were coming up on the 16 week one soon and thats supposed to be a big one...

God it's like having af lol, spend 1 week a month in chaos and the other 3 weeks of the month dreading it. Whoever thought of having growth spurts every month was obviously a bloke :roll:

Maybe hun, she's been so much more settled than she was though bless her. OH still asks me every day how she is lol

Oh really??? :love: that's so nice of him

She's been better in the day by a thousand times. Just trying to crack the nighttimes now. She wakes a lot and can't settle back to sleep

once we hit the 12 week spurt...hannah started waking around 5am for a feed and that never went away!!! some nights she will go straight through to 6/7.....it just varies. it also makes no difference how much she had had the night before or how much she took after her bath just before bed. i swear these babies are just a law unto themselves!! ha ha

luckily after her 5am feed or 6am or whatever time it is, she will quite happily just be put back to bed wide awake and will eventually drop off again after having a conversation with herself...

well....for now anyway.....!!! i am fully aware that now she has started to teethe, this could change everything!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back