You've got to feel sorry for my brother(CHECK OUT THE PICS!)

Urchin

Reaction score
Remember in the windy thread I said my brother's car had been badly damaged by tiles blown off a roof? They ripped the convertable roof of his car, smashed the wondscreen and damaged all the paint work. The estiate for repairs is £9700!!

Anyway, they went away on Friday for the week, flew to Ireland to see friends. This morning one of his mates went round the house to fix something and there's been a massive flood :shock: We think the water pipe in the loft burst, OH has been there all day with my step dad. Every room is ruined, will need new beds/carpet/wallpaper. He had real bamboo floors laid and everything is ruined! The ceilings have all fallen down...when the kitchen ceiling fell down it knocked the door off the fridge!! He'll probably even need new units in the kitchen cos they were all soaked through. Even the doors and door frames in every room are warped and swollen.

My brother has had to fly back, obviously, but he's in the pub cos he's absolutley gutted :cry:

I went over today and it's BAD!!!

Every carpet has been pulled up and he'll need wallpaper in every room and a totally new kitchen.

Kictehn ceiling

January07028.jpg

Bedroom ceiling
January07031.jpg

January07025.jpg

January07044.jpg

Even the oven was FULL of water!

January07046.jpg

oh bless him, i would be so worried if I was him these things tend to come in three's poor guy. I really feel for him so far 2007 not a good year ay? :hug: :hug: :hug:

the poor bloke not what you want for the start of the year what convertible did he have :hug: :hug:

Oh thats horrible, my grandma always says to break a match in half if you've had 2 bits of bad luck as it wards off the third apparently!

Very superstisious

oh no that is terrible ur poor Brother
do they have somewhere to stay?

omg thats awful i bet hes in bits :( xxxxxxx

poor bloke, hope his spell of bad lucks over soon!!!

OMG, was he insured for both? What a nightmare

+++

omg thats awful!!! I hope it gets better from her on in for him :hug:

exicited rach said:
the poor bloke not what you want for the start of the year what convertible did he have :hug: :hug:

It USED to look like this :(

owenreddyA4Red223.jpg

He's insured for both, but they won't have anywhere to live for a few months. :(

Oh blimey what a terrible start to the new year - if its any consolation though things can only get better for him now, maybe it was a dose of karma to balance out some forthcoming amazing good luck!

I went over today and have added some pics :shock:

They are going to have to live somewhere else for about 6 months!

ohh no how awful, he must be a wreck.

I'd be in bits for days.

Is he covered with home insurance?

xSuzx

Yeah should be all covered...he only just renewed the day before he went away!

:shock: your poor brother, that's awful. Good job he's insured (I really should get some!)

Thats a shame, good job hes insured xkelx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back