Your labour...

Andreabrad

Reaction score
What did you do first?
Who did you ring first?
Where were you?
What's your feelings about it now?

I shit myself. Was only 34 weeks!!
Rang my mum - told her she had to travel the 100 miles to my house right now!!
Was at home luckily OH hadnt gone to work yet!!
I loved it :) feels so surreal now would love to do it again!

xxx

Gosh, how long have you got hun??

My labour was epic!

xxxxxx

We had been to SiL for tea and were talking about that we'd have to ask OH's mom to look after cats, so we rang next morning to say, you are on cat duty, text the SiL and asked what was in the pizza they served up... Told my parents but that was it, I didn't want anyone else knowing cos friends of ours were in labour on and off for about 4 days and it was all over Facebook, I didn't want that even though it was addictive to read

After birth, OH left me in delivery room to make the calls, I was laying there in pieces, hungry, hurting, feeling sick, baby off being fixed in neonatal... Midwife brought in tea n toast left it behind me and no way could I get out if bed on my own and get it, OH was gone about an hour, abandoned :(

I was induced so went to the hospital for 11 and was late for OH to pick me up on purpose because I didn't want to go.

I feel now that I was robbed and I absolutely hate the fact I never even got to experience even a twinge or proper contraction and actually be able to feel the pain. I simply woke up and was handed a baby and that was that. I still feel now that it was one of the main contributors as to why I struggled to have a bond with LO at first.

I tidied the house and packed my hospital bag (im the most unorganised person ever)
I rang OH who had just left for work
I was at home until an hour before giving birth, then I went to hospital.
I loved it. Was relaxed and a lovely experience. Would do it again tomorrow!

Last edited:
I was a week overdue, had a bloody show but went to a firework display. Had niggles throughout!

Had another 36 hours at home. We told immediate family (Both sets of parents, our siblings and a few friends) that I was having niggles.

I went in for assessement and was 5cm, spent 4 hours at birth centre before being transferred to labour ward. My waters were broken and I was put on the drip to speed things up. MW's were horrible to me, OH was horrible to me (I was in the "I can't do it" phase and they decided that tough love was the best way forward)

I pushed and pushed and pushed eventually getting baby out. I cried and cried and cried as he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I haven't slept since :lol:

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
What did you do first?
Who did you ring first?
Where were you?

I shit myself. Was only 34 weeks!!
Rang my mum - told her she had to travel the 100 miles to my house right now!!
Was at home luckily OH hadnt gone to work yet!!
I loved it :) feels so surreal now would love to do it again!

xxx

I rang my mum and told her I thought I was in labour. I text a few people throughout the day, my oh called our "who to call when we are at hospital" list then we turned phones off then went and called everyone at 4.30am once M arrived and we were sorted.
I was asleep in bed!! Left it a few hours before I woke oh who then decided not to go into work
I loved the experience and feel i did everything I could before they had to help me get her out (she was back to back) I didn't know this till later on though x

I was at a 1st birthday party without oh and my waters went...didn't tell a soul!

Got home told oh. Called may ward to see what to do. Called Mom said i was going in to be checked! Didn't expect to stay so left bags! Oops.

Its such an exciting feeling. Can't wait to do it again.

Ended up having suspected meconium but wasn't induced until 48 hours later as no contractions. Was syntocin labour 5.5 hours start to finish g&a Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

I loved being in labour, and the excitement of meeting my baby, but it was dampened because I was early, and I had a neonatal doctor looking over me and a incubator waiting and once he was born, he was taken away to neonatal :(

Sounds silly but I put off going to see him for as long as I could as I knew I would break down, and I did. Was awful. But he is here, happy, healthy and gorgeous!!!

xxx

Their "journey"to being born is only part of it Andrea??

Some women have God awful labours, some are early (like yourself) others have horrible inductions due to being overdue.

Once the baby arrives though none of that really matters?

My labour was so horrible I swore 'never again' yet just mere weeks later I know in my heart I cannot wait to do it again (if we can!!)

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Aw, reading some of these stories makes me realise how lucky I was to have such a good experience.
At least all our lo's are here now safe and sound. Xx

I think I got it easy, at the end of labour I thought to myself, I could that again in a heartbeat. Next time might be horrific though

My waters went and I went straight in as we weren't going to local hospital cos of baby's known issues

My labour was horrid (and long!!) but in hindesight it was pretty amazing!

It's not everyday you push a baby out is it??

xxxxxxxxx

I often remind oh and how amazing women's bodies are and what we do. We nurture, grow and protect this little person for 9months and the change our body goes through is amazing! I'm sounding very hippyish! Lol
I honestly can say I can't wait to do it again its just an amazing experience even if it hurts bad really bad! X

I often remind oh and how amazing women's bodies are and what we do. We nurture, grow and protect this little person for 9months and the change our body goes through is amazing! I'm sounding very hippyish! Lol
I honestly can say I can't wait to do it again its just an amazing experience even if it hurts bad really bad! X

Here, here!

I was telling everyone James is going to be an only child but within about a week I realised I wanted to do it all over again. Blood, sweat, tears and all :lol:

xxxxxx

Their "journey"to being born is only part of it Andrea??

Some women have God awful labours, some are early (like yourself) others have horrible inductions due to being overdue.

Once the baby arrives though none of that really matters?

My labour was so horrible I swore 'never again' yet just mere weeks later I know in my heart I cannot wait to do it again (if we can!!)

xxxxxxxx

I think we're programmed to forget :) seeing him for the first time I forgot how awful my pregnancy was and how hard the birth was. Seeing him made me realise it was all soooo worth it!!

xxxx

was 38 weeks wokeup with pains went to the loo waters went ,called my mum then the maternity unit ..went into the unit then 10 th august rumaisa was born :D :D the day after it all started x

What did you do first?
Who did you ring first?
Where were you?

Was 5 days overdue, a Tuesday, and OH and I decided we would have one last date night and go for dinner and the cinema. Uncomfortable through dinner, had to pop out during film as feeling pains but refused to think it was anything and the the Wed morning at 3.20am waters went! Was lying on the sofa watching the tv as I couldn't sleep due to the pains.

Called for OH who was asleep in bed and went straight to Triage. Was 4cm when I arrived! Took till the Wed night at 6.43pm till he was born, 6 days late.

Looking back I am amazed at how well I did. A lot of my friends made jokes that I would scream the place down, swear and be a nightmare. But I was so calm, held it together even when everything was going wrong and emergency buttons were being pressed. It doesn't even seem like it was me. I am sad it ended in forceps but MJ is here safe.

Last edited:
Waters went at 2.30 but no contractions so cleaned myself up, told oh then got back into bed to try and sleep!! Too excited so got up and surfed PF then rang labour ward at 4.30 who asked me to go in and get checked. Was at hospital 5.30-6.30am, waters had broken but still no pains. They let me go and booked induction for 55 hours later??!!!! (apparently it was a busy weekend??!). Went home via Macdonalds then napped and looked at baby name book with oh as that still wasn't settled!

Oh went to work, I watched tv and text close family and friends. At 1pm after a shower and hairwash got my first contraction and from then on they were painful and every three mins. Got checked at hospital at 14.15 and was 3-4cm, by 16.15 was 10 cm. She arrived at 17.48. Rang both sets of grandparents then text a few friends. I had a fab pregnancy and birth really, and also can't wait to do it again.

And ladies this is an interesting fact, the hormone oxytocin that kicks off labour and birth is also a memory suppressant, so you really DO forget how bad the pain is!

I was overdue and ready to get baby out lol.

My waters broke in bed at 2am and woke me up.
Told hubby and he rang labour ward.
Went in....was contracting straight away.

Hubby phoned parents at 5 am to tell them it was happening.

Had 16 hours of labour....and a mean old-school midwife who told me I couldn't have pain relief because she was going for lunch and then after two hours of pushing with the no result the consultant came in to do a ventouse abduction the midwife was then kissing my ass when see realised that the consultant knew me as I worked on gynae. Hmmm

Hubby cried like a baby when bubs came out it was lovely!

I was a bit ill with tachycardia and feeling really faint after for a few hours it probably just exhaustion and no food for Iover 24 hours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back