Back Labour

Yvonne

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post it BUT.....

Did any of you have back labour (if thats what its called- baby being back to back)
If anyone did, what did it feel like? Was all the pain in your back, did you feel anything in the front except tightenings? Did the back ache start a few days before labour? Was it just dull aching to start with?????

ANY INFO WOULD HELP!!

Sorry for asking, i just want to put my mind at rest. :D

Yvonne xxxx

my daughter was back to back.

it might be different for everyone but for me i had all the pain in my lower back and sides, i didnt get any pain atall in my tummy, only tightenings.

I didnt start off with back ache tho, my weaters went first, then i had 3 hoursa of nothing, then just started getting crampy pains in my back, they didnt come on easy, just suddenly were there.

Had an epidrual not long after that so i cant tell you anymore sorry :(

with my son i had a normal labour, all in my tummy and to be honest, i thought that was worse than the back to back one, but then im a wimp when it comes to pain anyways lol

Thanks Layla,

I have terrible back ache and the BH's were really strong yesterday.

I have midwife today so i will see what she says about it

:D

The pain was mainly in the lower back and anus area. Unfortunately he did not turn round properly during labour so his little face has not got his "normal" shape yet.

The pain was awful as they try to put you in different positions to help. The best advice would be to go on all fours with the bed in seating position and hold the top of the bed. When you push, push as if you are going to do the biggest poo ever and do not scream like i did, put all your concentration in your anus area ( sorry)

Now the main problem is I have the most painful and biggest piles with those 2 and a half hours pushing down my anus. I am sitting onmy piles before sitting on my bump as sometimes it is so painful i cannot sit down at all!!!!

All the joys of after birth, i have many more but I will stop complaining, my baby boy is worth all those pains :)

No that post of me was last week, i have just been really uncomfortable today.

oops i didn't notice that! :roll:

are you feeling any better hun? how is the backache and cramps?
i'm feeling better i think - i must just be stretching for my monster size baby :D x

Just getting period type pains still but i have just put that down to stretching pains.

I don't think anything will happen soon, i reckon i will go over due if anything.
I have given up hoping!! lol :D

When I was in labour all of my pain was in my back but apparantly Phoebe was not back to back. :?
I never had a pain in my stomach at all. I think everyones labour and contractions are completely unique and it really is an amazing experience. This probably sounds crazy but I am actually sad it's all over and I'm feeling normal again!!! I think it's a bit of an anti-climax and then suddenly you're back to your old self!!!

I loved the experience with Amy, the labouring, the giving birth- must admit pregnancy is not my thing, i really haven't enjoyed it this time and can't wait to get back to normal, but if i didn't carry for 9months i would give birth for anyone anytime!!! Lol- i'm bizzare i know :lol:

Hey

I gave birth to Isaac 2 weeks ago and we was back to back which ended in a forceps delivery. I was in slow labour for a week before I went into full blown labour and all my contractions were at the front of my tummy. When I was 2-3 cms dilated I asked (demanded) an epidural but it left me with a window of pain but that again was at the front of my tummy on one side. I had no back pain and Isaac had been head down and in the right position for birth for weeks leading up to the labour. I guess he just got a little twisted round and lost on his way out lol

Lou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back