Young Mums

lizziimayy

Reaction score
Hi I'm Lizzie, I'm 20 years old and dating at 12+1. I'm currently in my 3rd year of university and it was definitely a shock to find out I was pregnant! However, the OH is brilliant and I could't ask for anymore support. Due to the baby being due 28th April I'm going to have to refer my May exams to January 2016 and take a trip to the Pyrenees the following year. Luckily I'll be able to get my dissertation done and I'll be able to get most of my degree done before the baby arrives!
I was wondering if anyone else on here is in a similar position.
It would be so nice to meet some people who are going through the same experience as me as there isn't anyone at uni I can relate to.
Is there any other Mums to be here in their late teens or early 20s?

Hello, just wanted to say welcome! I can't comment on being a young mum though, I'm 32 and my exam days are way behind me! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and best of luck with your studies x

Hi Hun, I'm a "young mum" I fell with my daughter when I was 20, had her at 21, it's not that young and to be honest I think it's best doing it at a younger age as it's easier to adapt to sleepless nights and biologically we are baby making machines in our early 20s.. Enjoy your pregnancy, you will be a great mum.

As for being at uni my beat friend was 20 and in her second year of marketing when she had her lil boy... She finished with a 2:1 and now has a good job, happy lil 2 year old and lovely family. It can be done.

I'm now 24 and due with my second in December. I completed a level 3 course last year whilst working and managing the family home. With a good support network and a bit of hard work u will have no probs!

What are you doing your degree in? Xxx

Hey im 24... I found out I was pregnant when I was in my second year at uni. I gave birth to my little boy on july 30th n was back at uni for my third year in september lol. It was the hardest year of my life but so glad I have it all out of the way and I graduated from my course in july past. Trust me when I say ur dissertation will b the toughest thing u do but by the end when u have it binded and submitted u feel amazing lol

Hey im 21, 22 next week, 8.5 weeks with twins and have a 3 and a half year old. I was in college when I had my son at 18. I got most of it done as I was in my second year when I fell pregnant. My tutor was a great support and helped me get a lot done before he was due. You'll do great! Xxx

I'm 23, and 19+5 weeks xxx

Congrats. Youngish mum here. I had my first son when I was 17. Fast forward seven and a half years and here I am again. In that time I went to.university, got married and moved house multiple times.

Uni wasn't easy, there was plenty of late nights - and not your typical uni student late nights either. My university experience was a lot different to my friends. I wouldn't change it though and was so proud the day I graduated. University was a joint struggle between all three of us and there was times when I felt awful because I needed to get an assignment done and couldnot spend as much time with my son. It was also a struggle financially.

Don't be put off, your basically at the end and your LO will be young enough to allow you to work when they are sleeping.

HTH

X

Any spelling mistakes are due to auto correct - to tired to go back and proof read :)

congrats!
I'm 19, 20 next month and 14 weeks pregnant:)
can't imagine baby plus uni will be easy but definitely worthwhile, I'm going to be starting open uni after baby is born hopefully open uni is a little easier :)

It's so nice to hear back from people who have experienced pregnancies similar to me! Luckily I will be practically finished with uni when the baby is born and I'll just have two exams to do when the baby is nearly one so I think I will manage okay!

Only problem I'm having with uni and working is that I'm so tired all the time and I just can't be bothered to do anything some days. Also, baby brain isn't helping it's making me so ditsy!

It's definitely hard being pregnant when everyone else is going out and being students, I just don't feel like it when I can't drink. Also, I'm worried about people on my course finding out as I'm scared they will treat me differently. However, I won't be able to hide it for much longer!

I know how you feel I found out today I am pregnant, and I'm 21 years old and scared shitless this thread helped me relax a bit

Ino how u feel with uni. But explain to ur university n they can help as much as possible... take time off but so ur work at home for me I haddy b at lectures n seminars but I didnt n I emailed to explain why ... they were fine and explained what assignments needed to be submitted and when

I feel old now lol... I'm 25 in April! I wonder what the average age is for first time mums these days? My first pregnancy was 19yrs but we lost that lil bean xx

think the average depents on the counry and area
i whas 19 with my first lost it to
hopeing this is my rainbow :)

I hope everyone's pregnancies go well!

Finally had the courage the put the 12 week scan on facebook to announce the pregnancy and everyone's been really nice about it. I must have been worrying over nothing!

Just looking forward to finishing uni now and to have my baby!

No im afraid not, im 31 now but I was a young mum at 20 with my first and wanted to say goodluck! I am however at college and pregnant now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back