You know you're getting old when....

Urchin

Reaction score
I feel so old!

My mums next door neighbour has just gone into a home so she's asked my mum to go through her stuff and take when we want. (the house needs selling so needs emptying)
Anyway, I was round there yesterday and was so excited to take her carpet sweeper home! You know the old kind with bristles that spin around?
I've been using it all day at home, my lounge carpet is a crumb magnet. I love it :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My Nan used to have one of those, I didn't even think they still existed, to be fair, I would have pinched it too, our lounge carped is always covered in allsorts and every time I want the vacuum it seems to have made its way upstairs :think:

:D We had one of them at our old house in Ireland it was cool! But then I had to get a pink Hetty hoover! (the girl version of Henry!) :) You can get them carpet sweeper things from argos Im pretty sure thats where we got ours.

evemarie8 said:
My Nan used to have one of those, I didn't even think they still existed, to be fair, I would have pinched it too, our lounge carped is always covered in allsorts and every time I want the vacuum it seems to have made its way upstairs :think:

you need one, you can still buy them! :lol:

Urchin said:
evemarie8 said:

you need one, you can still buy them! :lol:

I found one on Argos website for £8.99 :shock: , I am so off to town tomorrow to get one! Urchin, you could have just started a revival!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... ISSELL.htm

i work for royal bank of scotland and at work a few weeks ago there were little blue RBS feather dusters at reception- i was like "ooh! free dusters!" and with genuine enthusiasm picked one up! lol i dont even dust tho its still in the plastic wrapper haha

haha, my mum has an electric one she uses ALL the time, after a cup of tea out comes the ruddy carpet sweper!! :shock:

i'll just stick to my hover i think, lol

Seriously...I was just saying to Ali last week that I want a carpet sweeper. He told me I need to get out more! :rotfl:

LucyBee said:
Seriously...I was just saying to Ali last week that I want a carpet sweeper. He told me I need to get out more! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

:oops:

I've been meaning to go and get one of those for years :oops: My nan used to have one, ubank (sp) I think it was called. I think I'll be off to Argos tomorrow :D

I remember having one of those at home when we were kids! If you didn't empty it regularly, it would spill its guts all over the floor :wall: :rotfl:

Memories! :roll:

They make such a cool noise too.........

Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da

:lol:

Unfortunately my Gran's was about as useful as a chocolate teapot and just spread crap evenly across the carpet instead of picking it up.

muppetdaddy said:
They make such a cool noise too.........

Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da

cool until your 2 year old develops a carpet sweeper obsession and it's

Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da
Hod-da-da-da-da