Yellow plug-like goop

leesey

Reaction score
:sick:

I've been putting off posting about this because it really is totally tmi, but since the bleeding stopped 8 weeks ago, I've had a really thick gloopy discharge that goes from being kinda like ewcm to being of almost snot-like consistency. To quote Jayjay's description of the mucas plug - like Giant's Snot! It's more stringy than plug though and doesn't really seem to smell so I think I can hopefully rule out infection.

I don't want to go to my gp if it's just something normal, so has anyone else had this?

I've already had my first period and that was just normal, my next one is due at the end of the month. Any ideas what it could be? xx

My mum had this after my sister and she had to go and be cauterised - it wasn't an infection but she just kept on having this discharge after birth. I'd see the docs if I were you xx

What was cauterised? I was a c-section so wouldn't have thought I'd have any leaks down there!

I really don't like my new docs and not happy with them going down there for a peek! xx

It was her womb cauterised under general, it was womb lining coming away as discharge or something, not totally sure on the facts tbh.
Maybe worth going to your well-woman clinic instead? :hug: x

Sorry to keep asking Qs Princess, the info is much appreciated, does a womb cauterisation affect fertility? Any ideas what would have happened if she didn't get it done?
I don't know of a well-woman clinic in the area, not sure we have them in Scotland? I miss my old doctor's surgery! xx

I've had a small amount of this too, not a lot, just a bit thicker than normal. I just put it down to hormone levels readjusting.

I figured if it was still like it in a couple of months I'll get it checked out. As it can take your body a full year to recover from birth.

I bet womb lining coming away is really rare.
X

Oh I don't think it's a common thing, she needed "flushing out" and I don't think it has any impact on fertility. It might be something totally different though, like hormone adjustment as above. Didn't want to worry you Hun. It was going on for ages with her and she just got fed up x

It's not the actual discharge that bothers me, it's more the idea of what could it be!!

It'll be 3 months next Sunday, so I'll maybe wait til then and say to the doctor after that. I was googling last night and something called cervicitis is pretty common but mostly linked to STIs although there were some references to postpartem infection. It just seemed to be mostly vaginal births it referred to so I don't know if it's less common with c-sections.

Thanks for your help anyway!! xx

I'm worried now, it's been 4 weeks 3 days since my c section. Bleeding has almost stopped and then on Friday it became dark red and stringy again- now I've just been the loo and I stood up and a big blob dropped out onto the loo seat and it had in it like yellow/ green blobs like the mucous plug was. Along with the stringy dark red blood - anyone had this? Sorry TMI xx

I have stopped and started bleeding again about 4 times now and it's been 7 weeks :(

Well I think it's highly unlikely we all have infections, so it's probably a good sign that we all have it!!

My bleeding slowed right down after 2 weeks but was still in brown discharge mode with the occasional clump for 2 weeks after that. I got my first period at 7 weeks pp, but I was told not to expect it for a few months. I think the bleeding, brown discharge and clumps can keep doing for several months with some women, I wouldn't worry about that xx

I had a c section just over 7 weeks ago. I stopped bleeding after about 5 and have had this yellow discharge since! I think I'll mention it to my doctor at Ethan's 8 week check if it hasn't stopped by then xx

I went to the doc yesterday, looks like I have pretty severe thrush. Getting swab results back on Friday I think, but she says it's definitely thrush at the very minimum xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back