WTT in Jan.

babybird

Reaction score
Hello all, I am sooo new to this and do not understand all the codes FYI. Lol. Is there a code breaker somewhere??

Well anyway, I just got married last month and the hubby and I decided to start TTC in Jan. This will be my 1st pregnancy. I currently have been on BC pills since Jan. 2012, my last pill will be on Jan. 7th and we will just do the do and wait to see when it happens. I am embarrassed to say I don't quite understand the whole ovulation, cycle and 2 week interval. So I have been trying to read up how to prepare since I am so anxious and excited. Should I start taking Prenatal vitamins and/or folic vitamins??? Should I look for an OBGYN to prepare? Any comments or suggestions I am really looking forward to.

Hi. To answer some of your questions. You might as well start taking folic acid now but certainly from when you stop your pill to reduce risk of spina bifida (up to you whether you go for folic acid alone or as a prenatal vitamin, I think NHS (health service in the uk) only advise folic acid for ttc and then folic acid + vit d when pregnant because if you have a good diet you shouldn't need any other vitamins. If your diet is a bit rubbish sometimes then it might reassure you to take a prenatal multivitamin if you can afford it.
As you're asking about an OBGYN I'm guessing you're in the USA (MO is that Missori?) I'm in the UK so we have a totally different health system so I can't really advise you on that.
You can learn loads about your cycle from reading other posts on here from people that are far more expert than me but in summary Day 1 of cycle in the first day of period bleeding and the number of days of your cycle is number of days until next bleed. In most cases 14 days before the first day of your period you ovulate and most people are fertile for 2 days before ovulation and the day of ovulation so that is when you want to ttc. After ovulation you have a two week wait (2WW) before you can tell you are pregnant by taking a test. You will probably find your cycles are a bit weird after coming off the pill (mine were about 50 days for a few months) so that can make ovulation hard to work out. They will settle down but just having lots of sex will hopefully get you pregnant without having to work any of it out. Good luck.

Thank you sooo much Mustard, that was very informative. Yes I am from the US, I didn't realize that this forum said UK until yesterday. I was tryin to figure out why I didn't recognize where any of these places were on peoples profile. Lol. Thank you again!!!

welcome! :) congratulations on getting married and EEEEK good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back