wrong?

steffy

Reaction score
Just a moan really girls! My oh parents have been voicing all through my pregnancy about their dissapointment that we are not married before having a baby and that he shouldn't financially support me as we are not married (even though I was working and have savings). Its jus going round and round my head and I cant get the constant digs out of my head!! I thought the most important thing is that we both wanted this baby and its going to be loved?? Sorry for the rant, its just realli starting to get to me :-( x

I think some people are still very old fashioned in their ways of thinking!

Hun marriage doesn't always make a difference anyway, I've been there and done that!! As long as you both live each other and support one another your be just fine. There are still slot of old fashion thinking people out there but don't let them get you down try stay strong xx

definatelty some old fAShined way x

Ah don't let any of that get to you! As faithangle said above, the most important thing is that you love each other and that baby will be loved no matter what by everyone. That's all that matters! xxx

Thanks girls! I think its jus the hormones making it all worse! Its going to be the first grandchild and they have done nothin for baby, paid no interest and told us they don't want to know if its boy or girl! Jus feels like they are being totally awkward. But she was very much wanted and will be very loved which is the main thing. Thanks again xx

They actually said he shouldn't financially support you? The bloody cheek! They need a serious reality check as it takes 2 to make a baby, whether you are married or not!

As the others have said, try not to let them get you down - although I know that this is easier said than done as my OHs mum has been a snotty cow also. To be honest, they don't seem like the sort of people who deserve to included in the joy your baby will bring. The main thing is that she will be loved by her wonderful mummy and daddy!

Yeh I couldn't believe the words when they came out of her mouth! The thing is I had a job and also have savings so he doesn't need to support me, we have a joint account which we both pay into. But obv as my money will be less, he will need to pay more. But that's what happens when you start a family! Going to enjoy all the joy my baby brings from now and if they want to be like that, its their loss!
Thanks for the support, jus wanted to check I'm not bein an unreasonable hormonal woman! Haha xx

I would take a deep breath and ignore them :)

As long as your child is going to be loved and cherished it makes no odds, once the baby is here they will change their tune probably and they will love the baby it is their first grand child after all :)

xxx

Tri hopping here, but know where you're coming from. Me and Oh aren't married and all of his family were upset about it. What,does it matter if your baby is loved and has both their parents, whats a piece of paper and the same surname honestly! they've told Oh he is to support us etc though so they're not as bad as yours! they should be proud of their son for wanting to support you!

I really don't believe in marriage, if people want to get married that is their choice but it's def not for me. Me and OH have been together for 10 years and we chose to conceive our babies, and they were both made with love. We don't need to stand in front of a room full of people and sign a piece of paper to make it more 'right', it's perfect already.

don't let anybody make you feel bad about your choices, the most important thing is LO.

Marriage is a very personal choice and you both should want to do it, not do it to make others happy!

OMG sorry for the mini rant lol

xxxx

Last edited:
i really don't believe in marriage, if people want to get married that is their choice but it's def not for me. Me and oh have been together for 10 years and we chose to conceive our babies, and they were both made with love. We don't need to stand in front of a room full of people and sign a piece of paper to make it more 'right', it's perfect already.

Don't let anybody make you feel bad about your choices, the most important thing is lo.

Marriage is a very personal choice and you both should want to do it, not do it to make others happy!

Omg sorry for the mini rant lol

xxxx

wss! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111