Hormonal Rant...

Levi89

Reaction score
Well ladies just needing a wee rant -

Hubby is half Australian, my MIL and BIL live over there (just moved back three years ago) and to be honest its great with them being over there because I had to be 'nice' whenever I was around them and we didn't really get on. Now G and I are married, his family that are still here keep bringing up the idea of us moving over there... We were going to go for a year to see if we liked it but we fell pregnant - I mean we are about to have our first child, I need my mum's support because I don't have a scoobie how to do anything!

Even after trying to tell them I'm going to struggle to cope with motherhood here never mind in a whole new country with his mum (who isn't maternal either!) they are so persistant! Just because we are married I am now technically (once the paperwork is sent away) an Australian citizen. It makes me so mad!!

I'm just sick of the constant 'oh it'll be a better life' etc etc. Yeah maybe a better WAY of life but all our friends and family are here and to be honest that type of decision should be made between me and hubby! If G had mentioned it then I wouldn't have felt so protective but they won't listen to me!! ARGH!

Anyway sorry for a pretty pointless rant, but if I dont write it down in a 'safe' place then I think I will explode! xx

Grr this sounds very annoying. Austrailian citizen or not, your in laws should realise that this is a difficult time for you and the last thing you need is pressure. It may be a 'better place' but as you said, at this time in your life you need the support of friends and family around you. Whisking you off halfway around the world is not whats best for you or the baby right now.

I think you need to be polite but firm and tell them that you've listened to their suggestions but you have no intention to move just yet. It's nice that they want you close to them but seriously, it's just too much to ask xxx

i moved abroad hun and its not easy to be away from family and friends...i would say it definately has to be your and ohs decision, do not let them talk you into unless its what you both want x

OH and I were all up for moving away from our families, but then I fell pregnant unexpectidly its now a distance away, we will definately need the support of our families, and its not to say in the future we can't move away. I think you need to do whats right for you at present and then in the future, you could always move over? xx

Never mind others....u just do what YOU think is right for you and your baby!

Thanks ladies - glad to know I'm not the only one that thought they were being ****! lol. I've tried to tell them firmly but fairly that it wont be happening but they just find other things to pick up on to convince me - honest when the conversation starts its so hard to get them off topic! Its kind of convincing my hubby, which then makes us talk about it but then I feel like I'm justifying my reasons for wanting to stay in Scotland. Probably doesn't help that his family are already convinced that G does as he is told and everything is up to me... basts! xxx

Not everyone finds it a better life. I've met lots of people who've gone and moved back because a lot of us nurses move there. I think it's a different kettle of fish once you have a baby anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back