carpel tunnel syndrome

emx279

Reaction score
hi, my wrist is killing me, its in constant pain, and in bed i wake up i cant move for about 5 mins all my hands and feet have bad pins and needles in it, the doc said its carpel tunnel syndrome and will go away when baby comes and that they cant do anything for it in the meantime, its horrible. sorry for the rant dose anyone if there is something that can be done for it?ive had a constant pain in my wrist since monday and can hardley move my hand without it hurting, its a pain coz its the hand i use the most.

ooh i feel for you.

I suffer with carpel tunnel as well but only very minorly.
I cant offer any advice but a friend of mine suffered really badly as well and the doctors did something. i cant think what it was now but something to do with splints.
I havnt had the need to go back to the doctors with it but you should go back and tell them how much your suffering.
There is more that they can do! you just need to make them aware that you one of the women that are in need of treatment for it because not all women are.

xx

I think they usually give your wrist supports hun i think you should ask for them, if still no luck ask to see another Doc. :hug:

I got really bad Carpel Tunnel when I was pregnant in my left wrist- it used to wake me in the night so painful nearly in tears over it and I used to hang my hand over the bed for ages until I got some life back into it.
Same as the you the doctor did not advise me but when I went to see the MW she recommended a splint. She phoned to see if she could get me one but apparently they used to supply them on the NHS but they deem it now as a luxury and not in the budget :evil: :wall: But do ask though as it might be different where you live.
It really helped me though as it has a metal strip in it so it keeps your wrist straight Boots do them for about £20 (I know pricey hey!) but it was definately worth the investment for me.

It does go once the baby is born although it might take a couple of weeks it did for me anyway - same as getting wedding rings etc back on hand and ankles finally going back to normal.

I do feel for you though its so painful getting up in the night for a wee is bad enough let alone waking in pain :wall:
Hope the above is useful?
:D

Hope that helps

thanx hun :hug: , I m gonna have a look on ebay for one, never know may find one cheaper. I just won a bumbo for a £1, there about £30 brand new.

Blimey what a bargain :dance:

Glad to be of help just hope it helps it certainly did with me did not get rid of it totally but definately eased the pain.
:hug:

the doc could have given you a splint to keep your hand in a fixed position as that usually helps, try using a tubi grip bandage, they work ok xx

I had really bad carpal tunnel in both hands but my right hand was worse.

I saw a physio when I was in hospital before I had the baby and she gave me wrist splints. These really helped because they lock your hands straight.

It has almost gone away after nearly 4 weeks, my left hand is ok now but my right is taking longer, my middle finger is still numb and has pins and needles in it, but its nothing like it was while I was pregnant. I feel for you because its so debilitating, I had no grip at all I couldnt even use a knife properly.

Hope it goes away quickly after you have had the baby :hug:

Tracey xx

i have this hun there isnt much they can do but they should at least give you splints i told my consultant and he got them for me same day :hug: go back to your doctor and ask him for them :hug: xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back