Would you take your 5 month old baby into hospital?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

I'm not sure if I'm being totally over cautious so I thought I'd ask you lot what you would do!

DH's Gran has been in hospital for a few weeks now, and will probably be in for a couple more weeks. DH has been in to visit her but I haven't taken Olivia in because I've been worried that she might pick up something from the hospital/the little old dears that are in there.

Do you think I'm being a bit over the top? I really would like to take Olivia in to see her because I know it'll make her day but I don't want to put Olivia at risk of getting something nasty from the hospital, there's lots of old people with various conditions in the ward and recently 3 of them had a stomach upset).

Thanks for any advice

Lucy

Hi

It depends on the situation really if it were that she was on her death bed i would so she could see her before she goes, but if she will beout in a few weeks i might keep her away excecually if the stomach upsets are still about , the last thing you would want is her in the hospital cuz of it.
It really sucks having situations like this isnt it, guess its all up on how you feel since your the parent?
Sorry i wasnt much help
Katrina

My mil was in hospital at the beginning of the year having a triple heart bypass and I wouldn't take my son to the hospital because I was worried what he would catch. It's totally up to you hun!

Personally I might take the baby for a very quick visit and not let them touch anything. Stuff like stomach upsets are passed through touching, they're not airborne.

I wouldn't take a baby into hospital! I wouldn't risk it. Not to sure on hospital policys but i'm sure some won't let you take babies in under a certain age anyway.

They are born in a hospital!

My dad goes in for triple bypass next week and I will be taking Rubie to see him, it would kill him if he didn't see her for a week. It is a private hospital though

If it was a daddy or grandparent or someone they saw a lot of them I would take baby in for a quick visit. I know that bugs and stuff can be picked up but really this might happen in a lot of places. I had to use a public toilet today :puke: I was so bursting.

Think of the oldies faces seing a wee baby in the ward, they would be tickled pink.

i wud definetly take a baby but of course its up to you.. if you dont wnt to then dont

Hi everyone

thanks for replying, it's always nice to get other people's perspective on some things!

I didn't take her in the end, I called the ward just before we arrived to check that DH's Gran was up to visitors and when I mentioned Olivia the staff nurse said I wasn't to bring her in so we just took it in turns to go in.

I'm glad I didn't though, without being cruel or nasty the ward stank.

Thanks

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back