Would you buy your steriliser on ebay?

laetitia85

Reaction score
i have found some Avent sterilisers on ebay at incredibly low prices and i would really like to buy mine from there but not sure if it's hygienic. my first choice would obviously be one that has not been used before but the used ones are all washed an clean, do u think it's a good idea?

Not a used one no, but thats me, i like the thoiught of it boxed and hygienic.Can you get new ones on there boxed a bit cheaper, im sure someone might have one on there for sale boxed they have not used.

I can't see why it would be a problem. After all, it's a steriliser isn't it? That's supposed to get rid of all the germs anyway!

mrs_tommo22 said:
Not a used one no, but thats me, i like the thoiught of it boxed and hygienic.Can you get new ones on there boxed a bit cheaper, im sure someone might have one on there for sale boxed they have not used.
yes there are a few unused ones. but just in case they're no longer available the day im ready to buy them (not quite ready financially yet, we have a few other priorities :) )

I personally am not sure I would partly because you don't know how often it has been used..It is the sort of thing that could of been used more than once a day for over a year so how much life is left in it..I bought a lot of second hand things for Dylan but this is one i bought new with a garuntee

I got mine 2nd hand, the woman only used it a few times, but like AllieW said it is a steriliser after all...

It should of been £40 but i got it for £8 :cheer: :cheer:

princess_h said:
I got mine 2nd hand, the woman only used it a few times, but like AllieW said it is a steriliser after all...

yeah those are the kinds of prices i saw - so attractive!

I got mine off freecycle along with a few bottles. It is a steriliser so it will be clean :)

laetitia85 said:
princess_h said:

yeah those are the kinds of prices i saw - so attractive!

They definatley are, especially when you are on a tight budget :cheer:

gingerpig said:
I got mine off freecycle along with a few bottles. It is a steriliser so it will be clean :)

i was just going to say try freecycle :lol:

i got mine new, but i have to be honest, it doesnt get much use as i breast feed. Even when i do sterilise, i find cold water sterilising easier or even just boiling the kettle for small things.

id say theres nothing wrong with 2nd hand or ebay, give it a clean and run it through its cycle once and it will be as clean as needs be :)

LilMissEmmylou said:
gingerpig said:

i was just going to say try freecycle :lol:

i got mine new, but i have to be honest, it doesnt get much use as i breast feed. Even when i do sterilise, i find cold water sterilising easier or even just boiling the kettle for small things.

id say theres nothing wrong with 2nd hand or ebay, give it a clean and run it through its cycle once and it will be as clean as needs be :)

can someone explain freecycle to me? sorry to sound dumb

oh man its fantastic! there is a yahoo group for each area in the uk (as well as other countries) and you join up to yours. London might have a few different ones, but it might not. Im a member of the n.ireland one and got some free cloth nappies and wraps from mine.

The way it works is once you join the group you can read the messages to see what people are offering and wanting. Its a great way to get rid of junk you dont need anymore, that somebody else might be able to make use of. You often seen people offering baby stuff on my local one. If you get somebody offering what you want you email them and ask if you can have it, if they say yes, you go and pick it up for free :)

In you case you would post something along the lines of WANTED: baby steriliser. And then some info about the item you want in the message :) after that its a matter of checking your emails for replies.

that sounds good and i have found a group near me. so when I find someone who's got my item, do I have to give them something in return? or am I just getting stuff for free??????

nothing in return - its just free :) although i have at times given people a small token as a thankyou if its a pricey item that saved me a lot of money e.g. a box of sweets or an easter egg for one womans son.

its also great if u have stuff u want rid off - u offer it and they come take it :D

LilMissEmmylou said:
nothing in return - its just free :) although i have at times given people a small token as a thankyou if its a pricey item that saved me a lot of money e.g. a box of sweets or an easter egg for one womans son.

its also great if u have stuff u want rid off - u offer it and they come take it :D

waouh this is a great way to get free stuff. i will always give a little something in return, even just sweet like u said. i'll think about everything although i won't lose anything by joining a group anyway. thanx!

It is brilliant! They do stipulate though, in the interests of fairness, that you offer something before you put up a wanted email. Although you're free to respond to any of the offered messages at any time.

We got our toaster through Freecycle and my friend has practically furnished her whole house with it.

There are several London based groups. I belong to the Sutton one and also to the Leeds one since I have lots of friends and family up there and visit very frequently. (Plus we're hoping to move near there at some point in my maternity leave).

LilMissEmmylou said:
e.g. a box of sweets or an easter egg for one womans son.

Wow, Emmy, you swapped and easter egg for a child??

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I got a high chair on freecycle and a bath seat. One woman had to buy a whole load of baby stuff for when her nephew came to visit for the weekend every few weeks, so it had all hardly been used. I also got a pram on there as I saw it and thought ooh what a great idea, free pram! But then we bought our travel system so I put it back on freecycle and someone else came and took it :) I got a big bag of size 10/12 maternity clothes that I'm only just growing out of and they saved me a fortune! It's also been good to get rid of all the stuff in my house too that is too heavy to take to a charity shop.

LaineyG said:
LilMissEmmylou said:
e.g. a box of sweets or an easter egg for one womans son.

Wow, Emmy, you swapped and easter egg for a child??

:rotfl: :rotfl:

lol oh aye :rotfl: and he came with a free nappy bag and wraps lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back