Would you buy used cloth nappies?

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
If cloth nappies are something you would consider would you buy them used?

My friend bought some and she was really pleased. They are so expensive to buy new. Ebay has quite alot.

Im thinking about it, Obviously I would boil wash them before I used them on my LO.

Thanks xx

I really don't know to be honest.

On the one hand - they are really expensive and if they are being sold on ebay, then they are (hopefully) unlike to have had a lot of wear

But on the other, it just seems weird re-using someone elses nappies :think:

I want to use cloth with my next baby and will look into this further when I'm PG definitely.

Can you get cheaper, but new, cloth nappy sets on ebay??

I think depending on the type of nappy you want to use you can end up paying £10 per nappy if you buy them new, compared to around £5 for 5-15 nappies used.

Advice that has been given to me is to buy a few different types and see which works best.

I was lucky in that I bought 15 terry nappies for £30 as the seller had the best of intentions but never got round to using them. Ive also just bought THESE (pack B) brand new (well, my mum gave me the money to buy them :D )

I'll see how I get on with these :?

yes I would, actually im planning on using a nappy service - theres one in my area where for £5 a week they deliver fresh clean nappies and take away soiled ones to wash!

Have a look here http://www.changeanappy.co.uk/

Thanks for that link GGG!!

Will look into using them - first ones I've seen that deliver to my postcode :cheer:

You're a star :hug:

glitzyglamgirl said:
yes I would, actually im planning on using a nappy service - theres one in my area where for £5 a week they deliver fresh clean nappies and take away soiled ones to wash!

thats really good. do you use their nappies or do you have to supply your own?

Ive got a few nappies stocked up now and dont mind washing my own anyway but these services are brill :D

i wouldnt, but then again i wouldnt wear second hand underwear myself and i dont see the difference

usually you dont have to buy the nappies (the bits that are taken away to be washed) but you will need to buy the waterproof covers and any other accessories you wish to use, but it generally depends on the company you use.

They get bleached/boil washed anyways...so I can't see the problem with buying them second hand...they are probably cleaner than any of the clothes you buy of the rail for your kids that have had half the population of your town fondling the fabric. And even if you wash your baby's clothes after buying them, your washing machine isn't as clean as you think it is (unless you run the machine every month on the hotest cycle with bleach then again with white vingar)....so I can imagine that boiling the nappys makes them extremely sanitary.

i use 2nd hand,

and i sell Harleys old ones on :)

if the home looked realy smelly though or the people were not clean then i wouldnt buy them :lol:

glitzyglamgirl said:

I wanted to use these but they don't cover Brighton at all for some reason :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back