Washable Nappies

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Hi just wandering how any of you that use these nappies have got on with them. I would like to use them but I am thinking it will be really expensive and a pain in the ass forever washing them. What do you actually need to buy and how often do you have to buy a new lot of a different size?

I have bought tots bots fluffles - they can be made smaller with the larger size and so you do not need to buy more. Admittedly I spent about £200 on the lot but have loads (30 I think) and you can buy second hand. This didn;t appeal to me though. You would need a wrap to go over the nappy and liners which you could throw away or wash. I have bought fleece liners.

Over time you will save money and I plan to have another child and so can reuse these nappies or sell second hand as they have fantastic resale value. They also feel gorgeous!

You can buy trial packs so maybe its worth a go...

I love using cloth. Yes the initial outlay is expensive but its cheaper than disposables in the end.

I dont find it a problem washing them. I do have a lot of nappies so i dont need to wash everyday - i do though i just stick them in over night and dry them during the day. I use lots of different types but i do recommend tots bots nappies :)

hey gemz
I got my birth to potty pack from little lambs for £200 (40 nappies,20 wraps & loads of liners and boostes and 2 nappy buckets).
It apparently cost around £1200 to have a baby in disposables from birth to potty so even with laundering on top thats still a lot of money saved. plus arent you doing a lot more washing since Jake arrived anyway?

The 'shaped' nappies are just like a disposable (you can add disposable/fleece liners to catch poo). Put that on and then put a waterproof 'wrap' over the top and thats it. here are wee diagrams to help you:

clothnappy.jpg

cloth-2.jpg

There are different types of nappies (shaped, pre-fold, terry cloth, pocket) the ones ive mentioned above are 'shaped'.
there is already a thread about it her, it is really long and maybe leave you a bit confused but there will be plenty of info in there here is the link:
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=12433

Also here is a link to the real nappy campaign to find out of council incentives, shops etc near you, you just need to put in you postcode.
http://www.realnappycampaign.com/nappyfinder/index.html

Sorry if ive confused you :? but hopefully that helps a little. :D

Thankyou for the links little*red and the vote of confidence for little lamb nappies, we're hoping to use reusable nappies, it's great to get advice from Mum's who know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back