Would you buy from a gypsy?

NIE

Reaction score
I had a gypsy at my door last night and I refused to buy anything.

My friend said I shouldn't have done that, and that she will have placed a curse on me and my son.

What are your thoughts on gypsies coming to your door?

I was crossing the zebra crossing last week. And this woman stopped me . Said will you buy a lucky charm from a gypsy.
I just said no thanks and walked off.

She shouted on me to come back but i ignored her.
Probably cursing me from behind but hey.

what a load of bull. Send 'em packing. I hate it when people try to sell you stuff unsolicited.
:x :x

Depends on what they were selling, if someone came to my door and were selling something I needed then yeah I would, regardless of whether they wer a gypsy or not.

I have also given an old gypsy lady a pound for some lucky heather before, she said some nice things to me that made me feel nice so it was a good deed both ways if you get what I mean, I dont see any harm in it.

My mums family descend from Romany gypsies, and none of us are "dodgy characters", although my hubby may not agree with that :D

A gypsy told my mum when she was pregnant with me that I was twins :rotfl:

How funny - i had one at my door yesterday, but i just told her i hd no money on me and she replied don't worry dear i believe you.

I really had no money on me, but i felt bad incase she put a curse on me for not buying anything! :oops: :lol:

My dads Romany and tbh a lot of the stereotypes couldnt be further from the truth. I doubt very much she put a curse on you as that just doesnt happen. Sometimes they will say it if they believe you have assumed them to be that stereotype, and I dont blame them really as its such an old and untrue opinion. Why not have a bit of fun with it lol.

So yes, I would buy from a gypsy but not because of being scared of curses, but because I know that they are just trying to make a living. They are usually (apart from the modern gypsies/pikies that are a completely different class and breed) completely self-sufficient and do not take money in benefits, they rely on things like selling heather or goods they have hand made.

glitzyglamgirl said:
So yes, I would buy from a gypsy but not because of being scared of curses, but because I know that they are just trying to make a living. They are usually (apart from the modern gypsies/pikies that are a completely different class and breed) completely self-sufficient and do not take money in benefits, they rely on things like selling heather or goods they have hand made.

totally agree x

If they had something I wanted, i'd but from a gypsy, i'd buy from anyone, I dont discriminate with my cash, Equal Oppourtunities!!!!

pilkers said:
glitzyglamgirl said:

totally agree x

+2

yes i would, if i had the money and i wanted whatever she (or he!) was selling- just like anything i suppose! i wouldnt buy some junk just out of supersticious fear or whatever.

we went to the summer solstice party at the stone henge years ago, and the next day some little gypsy children came selling tangerines and we bought some of them. it was cute! i dont think we ate them tho we were feeling too delicate!

Hmm that's a tough one because I'd see what they had to offer first... I bought a little flower wrapped in tin foil with a little poem on it once from a Gypsy because it was pretty, didn't know the rumour was that they put curses on you :think: I don't believe that anyway!

Some gypsies stole from my Dad's garage once (he's a builder) and they stole all his tools and things, he was fuming and spoke to friend of his (another Gypsy that lived on the campus) and he confirmed it was the guys that my dad thought it was because they were doing work using my Dad's tools!

So, after that I've always been a little cautious, plus, we have a Gypsy camp in Potton (very close to us) and everyone's so scared of the teenagers there that I think I'd be too scared to say no if someone asked me to buy from them :oops: xx

rachelandjarvis said:
pilkers said:
glitzyglamgirl said:

totally agree x

+2

sorry to be contreversal but if you dont contribute tax from your earnings and you continue to use communal services then you are taking from society??

rachelandjarvis said:
pilkers said:
glitzyglamgirl said:

totally agree x

+2

+ 3

sparky said:
rachelandjarvis said:
pilkers said:
glitzyglamgirl said:

totally agree x

+2

sorry to be contreversal but if you dont contribute tax from your earnings and you continue to use communal services then you are taking from society??

only by our rules - if the government allows them to use schools, hospitals etc then thats up to them

im from romany decent. my great gran is the last from my mums side that lived as "a gypsy" and i love all the history of them.

so me too would buy from a gypsey, we have this old man known as monkey (dunno why) and hes a romany gypsy complete with his horse and traditional bow top caravan. he just travels around living by the road side and plays gypsey music in the town to earn money, i always give him a fiver (shhhh dont tell OH)

he is so friendly and never leaves a mess when he moves on unlike the moden pikey travellers :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back