What would you do?

nicki

Reaction score
What would you do?
Take £3000 out of the money from the sale of our house (along with money from sale of my car) to buy a new (to me) car or buy things for the house i.e sofa bed for playroom/ dining table (we have a kitchen table already) new interior doors, patio heater, chest freezer, new light switches/sockets/door handles etc?

I've been wanting to get a new car for ages but with the extar money we're getting was just thinking about getting stuff for the new house but DH said about getting a car so now I don't know which is worth it?

Id buy for the house Nicki, ur in it longer than the car lol!! :rotfl:

Id buy for the house...saying that we just spent a stupid amount on a car and we are hoping to move soon so i cant talk lol :lol:

i dont know.i love driving and am inclined to go for the car option. but i like things in the house to be complete.

so i think id buy for the house.

or maby compromise and get a cheaper car?

I've voted house. You all need things like a sofa etc.
You can get a really good second hand car for just a few hundred pounds which would do as a starter car then once things are settled perhaps upgrade? If you bought a car for a few hundred pounds you could then afford house bits to, £1000 car and £2000 house type thing? Compromise? Worth a though. I don't think you need to spend £3k on a car if it's a case of either or.

I said car but thats because i want to get a more suitable one (5 door) now LO is on its way

I said house too...cars loose so much of value very quickly...having said that I like cars too...
But feathering your nest is sooooo much more fun and as Kay said, you spend much more time in your house.

well it depends is ur practical for kids etc if so id buy for the house if not get a new car!!

OR u could send sarah on holiday :wink:

the sensible me would say...house, but the mad side (!!!) would say go for the car!!!
i'm not much help am i?
saying that we just spent £7k on a car when we desperatly need a new kitchen!!!????

i say both, cheaper car then some stuff for the house...our last car reached the point it was more expensive to keep it than sell it and get a new one as stuff all started going wrong on it

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
well it depends is ur practical for kids etc if so id buy for the house if not get a new car!!

OR u could send sarah on holiday :wink:

when I win the lottery hun i'll send you on holiday :D

I want a chunky car & one that is high up off the road. I've got a Mazda 323 at the mo. so its quite low, I would like a Rav 4 or equivalent, but DH wants a new car too so we have just had a chat & said we'll discuss it this time next year so I guess we'll buy stuff for the house.

(but I soooooooooooooooo want a new car
c021.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111