• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you be peed off?

frangelle

Reaction score
If your partner lied about stuff i.e going to the pub? Twice that tw*t has said he's going somewhere else when really I find out from others he is just going pubbing. Would this annoy you?

When I asked him why he bothered to lie after I specifically asked if they were going to town drinking, he said i was just being hormonal :x

But my point is, why lie about it? Why not just say, I am going to the pub?

He's been such a pig lately :x

yes i know what you mean, last week my oh said he was just going to pub and not off up town, turned out they did go up town. why lie? i just dont understand

yep id be annoyed. I dont see the point lieing if you were ok with it anyway :|

clairescunny55 said:
yes i know what you mean, last week my oh said he was just going to pub and not off up town, turned out they did go up town. why lie? i just dont understand

I wouldn't mind but I said to him 'why are you going all the way there (its about an hour away) to get a white shirt when you could get one in town, are you going pubbing', and he said 'no', then i hear he'd arranged to go pubbing. Why lie about it? It's not like I'd care!!!

yes - get this too, until he realised that I knew where he was and I was annoyed about the lying not the going to the pub. He used to call me up and say I'll be home from work in 30 mins, then come in hour and half later :roll: so dinner would be ruined. Why not just say I'll be an hour or so?

I asked him to imagine me going to the pub after work, ever..and leaving him to make sure DS is home and put dinner on. He said he couldn't ever imagine it. I also make sure that when he lies to me, I ask him in front of other people, so that they see as well..then I can't be accused of making it up :roll:

And I'm not pregnant so it isn't hormonal :evil:

libs said:
yes - get this too, until he realised that I knew where he was and I was annoyed about the lying not the going to the pub. He used to call me up and say I'll be home from work in 30 mins, then come in hour and half later :roll: so dinner would be ruined. Why not just say I'll be an hour or so?

I asked him to imagine me going to the pub after work, ever..and leaving him to make sure DS is home and put dinner on. He said he couldn't ever imagine it. I also make sure that when he lies to me, I ask him in front of other people, so that they see as well..then I can't be accused of making it up :roll:

And I'm not pregnant so it isn't hormonal :evil:

We are currently arguing on msn and I am so tempted to cut and paste it here coz he is so out of order :x He's on about me going out all the time- last week I went to: tescos, to pick him up from work, and saw my friend one day. How bloody dare I? :twisted:

you aren't married to my Dh as well are you :shock: are we the wife of the same person? (nope cos mine can't use msn :wink: )

They don't get it - any of them, its like I earn the money I spend so what's the problem... :roll: That I would like to go out occasionally or for you to stay in with me (give him his due he did this weekend)

Mine will say - but you went your mum's yesterday morning .... :shock:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :x :evil: :twisted:

What a dickhead :x

frangelle said:
We are currently arguing on msn and I am so tempted to cut and paste it here coz he is so out of order :x He's on about me going out all the time- last week I went to: tescos, to pick him up from work, and saw my friend one day. How bloody dare I? :twisted:

even if you do go out all the time whats that gotta do with him lieing? :?

jenna said:
frangelle said:

even if you do go out all the time whats that gotta do with him lieing? :?

EXACTLY!!! What he think if I said I'm nipping round so and so's house, and ended up propping up a bar?

I sometimes wish I wasnt such a faithful honest wife :roll:

I would get annoyed if he told me A and really done B type thing.
I'm thankful that DH is not like that but boyfriends in the past have done that and it really ticked me off, so what if they went to A instead of B type thing, just tell me the truth, why lie about things that simply are not important, it get's to the stage where you stop believing them over more important things if you can't trust them over simple and non-relevant matters.

I honestly don't think anyone will ever understand men.
Logic really doesn't come into it.

zebrastripes said:
I honestly don't think anyone will ever understand men.
Logic really doesn't come into it.

I think you might be right :wall:

I think that the reason why they lie is because they know they shouldnt be doing it, but because a lot of men are selfish they do it anyway and just hope they dont get caught.
I think the majority of them know that its not fair of them to go out getting drunk because they have a responsibility to their partner and born or unborn child but their desire to do what they want overrides their responsible side so they just lie in the hopes of getting away with it.
I always say to my partner "if you think its ok to do it then why bother lieing" he doesnt ever have an answer to that!
Its frustrating as a woman because we feel that we shoulder all the tough stuff because we carry the baby so cant even go out if we wanted to, but we also have much more of a bond with our babies which stops us from wanting to go to the pub because of the damage we could do. I know that that doesnt excuse the men, but if you look at it from that perspective, it explains why so many men do it and why so many women complain about it!! I guess if they carried the baby it would be an entirely different story and we would be the ones getting moaned about for going to the pub!!!

The thing is, I don't mind him going out and seeing his friends, but when you find out they lied about where they were going, it makes me think he has something to hide, and paranoia is not good mixed in with pregnancy hormones, lol!!!

frangelle said:
If your partner lied about stuff i.e going to the pub? Twice that tw*t has said he's going somewhere else when really I find out from others he is just going pubbing. Would this annoy you?

When I asked him why he bothered to lie after I specifically asked if they were going to town drinking, he said i was just being hormonal :x

i'd be pee'd off too.
WHY lie :roll: i hate dishonesty

budge said:
frangelle said:

i'd be pee'd off too.
WHY lie :roll: i hate dishonesty

And me, although I did lie about a tub of Ben and Jerry's me and LO had last night while he was out, and then kieran went and told him this morning that I said it was our little secret :roll: haha!!! I didn't want to save him any!!!

frangelle said:
The thing is, I don't mind him going out and seeing his friends, but when you find out they lied about where they were going, it makes me think he has something to hide, and paranoia is not good mixed in with pregnancy hormones, lol!!!

I think that blokes expect you to be annoyed, even if you have told them that you dont mind so lie to try and avoid a situation which doesnt exist anyway! Which then makes you start to feel paranoid. Like last night, my fella had to work away at last minute and called and text me at least 20 times as he thought, despite me telling him otherwise, that I would be upset. I really wasnt but he got it into his head that I did. I think men like to play the poor henpecked partners sometimes and can make a bigger deal out of things than they need to which is why they do things like lie about going out. Also, I think they lie because although he THINKS you wont mind, but maybe there is a chance that on this occasion (in his eyes) that you would say no for some reason, so rather than take the risk of telling you the truth and having a 5% chance that you would say no, he decides to lie to eliminate any possibility of not being allowed to go out. Then what happens is you have an argument about it which - because hes a bloke and hears things differently to how we say them - all he hears is that you are moaning about him going out, rather than the fact he lies about it, so then all that will happen is the next time he goes out he will probably lie again because in his blokes mind he thinks you have a problem with him going out rather than the fact that he lied about it!!
Sorry to go on! Its just I have studied this quite a bit in uni and I find it fascinating!! Boys really are from another planet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back