Would be really grateful for your thoughts

Becs

Reaction score
Hey Chaps,

Well it turns out my BFP may be slightly badly timed. My situation is that I moved out of the catchment area for my registered doctor and as DH and I have been house hunting I didn't bother to re-register. Anyway, our moving date is 23rd March to a new town and although I took along proof that we have bought the house they cannot let me register until we have moved in and have recieved a utility bill. This will put me at 10 weeks before I can see a GP. I spoke to a midwife today who thought this was okay. What do you guys think. I'm happy to be relaxed about it if it is seemingly normal. DH wants the pregancy confirmed by someone but after 6 tests I think we can be sure.

Would be grateful for your thoughts.
Becs
P.S - my old doctor is an absolute ogar who would probably tell me to just go away if I tried to go to him when I'm no longer in his catchment area.

well congrats on your BFP..
My first m/w appt wan't till I was 11 1/2 weeks pg...Docs don't routinely do pg tests as home tests are accurate enough..If you need to see a doc in the meantime you can always make an appt at anytime as a temporary patient

hope this helps

Hi,
That sounds pretty normal timing anyway.
I saw my doc straight away but she didn't test me or do anything, then I saw a different one at 8 weeks and she gave me a breast exam, did my blood pressure and told me to steer clear of a few obvious foods I already knew about.
It feels wierd to not be in contact with them all this first trimester, but even when I've been to see them I haven't felt like I've been reassured or learnt anything new!

Hey Becs, that sucks! It sounds like you will be ok though - docs are sooo mean sometimes!
(Hope you are doing ok btw, feel free to pm me if you ever wanna chat :D xx

Hi I'm sure you'll be fine, my friend didn't even mention her BFP to the doctor till she was nearly 14 weeks pregnant, I was having kittens on her behalf but she was chilled out about it, when she did see the doc she had the usual midwife referal, blood tests, scan because she was 12+ weeks and is now just sitting pretty having had the 20 week scan last Friday. She's fine, baby is happy and healthy and hey....gives you a chance to re-register somewhere else with a nicer doctor!! Every colour has a silver lining!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back