Anyone with experience of placement requests for school?

Simoneh00

Reaction score
I had sent in a placement request for Eva to go to the school she attends nursery at. It's be declined. She's now lost her place at her catchment school and the catchment school in the area of her new house has no places.
Confused? Me too!
She now doesn't have a school at all :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

No one? Is this a Scottish thing? :confused:

hiya simone, i know a few ppl this has happened to and not scotland u have to appeal against it its bonkers this is ur catchment area surely the kids w=in that area should come first i know in some area if they have siblings going to the school this means they automatacly get a space even if they rnt in the catchment, honestly get appealing gd luck xxx

Hiya :wave:
get appealing! We moved house to get into our catchment school!! U also shld look at schools list of who they accept first, as just being in catchment doesnt automatically entitle u to place. :roll: Although i am talking bout england, not sure of scotlands rules! But legally, ur child must be in school by 5 , so u do need a place!! Perhaps look around at other schools aswell? Good luck xx :)

Ooh i've never heard of this happening.

I put in a placement request for my daughters school but it got accepted, they were under occupied anyway.

I wonder what happens now then??!! Are they expecting you to travel out to a different area? Do you drive?

xxxxxx

i have been told its a nightmare to get your child into a school round here as they are very high achiving schools and you have to register your child before they are 2. i only moved here in jan and dunno about how to go about getting her into a school or what schools she is avaible to go to, plus how to get her into nusary any one got any advise am in aylesbury buckinghamshire thanks x x x

We've been advised of a school to enroll her at which is fine but she still may not get a place and then they can offer me any school they like and she'll get transport paid. No chance though. She'll be getting into a school I can walk / waddle to or I'll bloody home school her!!!xx

I had similar problems. When I did the placement request, there was a bus that took me straight to the school, then they stopped that bus service, and it ended up taking 40mins to walk to school & 40 mins back again & same at school home time (around 3 hours a day). Council didn't do anything to help at all. I demanded they get me moved or put on (not necessarily free) but some sort of transport. They refused, apparently my fault coz i never signed for catchment school. After 3 years of doing that journey we had to move house 2 months ago to get closer to a school, were 3 mins walk from this school...its great!

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back