Advice regarding doctor/midwife/hospital 'choice'

littlebump

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I have recently moved house, however would like to continue my antenatal care at the same doctor's surgery & hospital as before because they are a lot closer to my work and it is therefore more convenient and less stressful to attend appointments at the same place as before.

Unfortunately as soon as they found out I had moved address I was told I would have to re-register with a local GP as I am now outside the catchment area of the hospital.

Do I have any say in the matter?

LB

I was in a similar position with my doctors, I wanted the same midwife that I had with my first child.

Luckily I knew they would kick me off if the knew, so I gave them my mom's address, and my midwife is willing to see me at home as I am still close to my doctors surgery.
Talk to your midwife... I was luckly in that mine sees women just around the corner from me so she didn't mind seeing me.
She wrote my moms address on all the forms so the paperwork from the doctors and the hospitals goes to my mom's house.

If you are along way away from the doctor's, unfortunalty, your midwife may not want to travel to see you.

Remember aswell that one midwife will cover several doctors surgeries, so maybe you could ask your midwife where else she works and move to a surgery where she goes.

I know you said that your work is closer to the doctors, but you won't be working for quite a while after so maybe it would be better in the long run to change doctors to one closer to home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back