worth starting sickness pills early?

*Star*

Reaction score
i get hyperemesis whilst pregnant.
usually hits me at about 6-7 weeks.
now i still have some of my anti-sickness meds left over from when i was pregnant with my youngest.

i'm wondering if it's worth starting to take them now? Would it do any harm? Cause more than likely, I'm going to be taking these up until i'm 20 weeks pregnant.

I would like to have a foothold on the sickness really, and maybe avoid it getting as bad as it has done before

:think: i really dont know, did your dr prescribe them the last time,and if you have had them a while are they still in date? i would maybe phone them and ask, i would also wait and see how the sickness is this time you never know it might not be that bad

yep they were prescribed last time. they're well in date (i was only taking them this time last year lol

i guess i could wait, but i just know i am going to be ill again :(

I'd wait personally. They were prescribed for your last pregnancy and things might be different with this one. You never know, you may not be so bad this time round.

Hey! It's great that you are thinking in advance, I bet after all the worrying that sickness isn't a symptom for you this time around!

I'd probably wait though, you might not need them :pray:

I would wait too - I had hyperemesis and got prescribed tablets as well.

Make an appointment as soon as u feel ill and see what the doctor says - it the waiting about and not dealing with it that causes hyperemesis.

I would book an appointment with your doctor and speak to him about the situation because he could suggest something but I wouldnt take any of your old tablets even if they are in date, the were prescribed for your previous pregnancy and not this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back