12 weeks + hyperemesis

Carolanne

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just spent three days in hospital, 2 on a drip because I was so dehydrated from being sick constantly.
The doctor at the hospital prescribed anti-sickness tablets which work wonders but I'm wondering whether anyone else has taken any how safe you consider them to be.

I'm also terrified that as soon as the pills run out the sickness will come back and the misery will come with it!

Any comments welcome x

Hi,

Congratulations on your BFP.

I don't have personal experience of severe sickness in pregnancy but a friend of mine has suffered through out her pregnancy with it and she is on medication.

It must be safe to take the medicine or it wouldn't be prescribed. She started to feel better so came off the tablets, as soon as she did she felt terrible again. So she's still on them and she's about 6.5 months pregnant now. I think she'll be on them for the rest of her pregnancy.

She's feeling the benefits of being on them now though and is feeling much better.

thanks for your reply, encouraging to know about other ppl going through something similar. Fingers crossed it'll get better for your friend too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back