worrying as usual!

trixipaws

Reaction score
early this morning i got some little twinges around my uterus area, but only on one side (left side) the only way i can describe was like a throbbing pain? but it was a positive pain, iykwim? u kno like labour pain is positive pain. burning ur fingers on GHDs is negative pain. well this was a positive pain.

it only lasted 5 minutes, then it stopped for hours. i got them for a minute or two this afternoon too- a couple on the left side then a couple on the right side too!?!?!

stopped again!

but i am worried of course!

what would y'all do, go to a&e??!!!! or just wait until my midwife appointment on wednesday (5 and a half days)

Personally i would just try to rest, i know that might be harder for you with a toddler around but i would try. If you are really worried then do you have an out of hours doctor you can call? Hope you are ok :pray: :pray: :hug:

I got these a lot in tri 1 - my MW said they were stretching pains, and that it's only persistent sharp pains that are a possible cause for concern. If you're worried maybe ring NHS direct or your MW if you've got one yet. :hug:

It sounds like classic stretching pains. It's hard not to worry, but it sounds normal. It is a positive pain - it's your body maing way for your baby! They must be having a little growth spurt today.

ooh thanku ladies :hug: i'll just mention them to my MW on wednesday :)

I panicked when I got similar pains to that at about 6 and a half weeks and ended up going for an early scan - there was absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever! The nurse at the EPU said that all sorts of twinges and pains happen and are completely normal. My midwife also said that you get a lot of twinges around 8 weeks due to all the stretching etc - so maybe that's what it is for you? :hug:

It's amazing how early that sort of stuff happens, I would never have figured there's any stretching going on in the first few months! But I got loads of pains, including little stabbing ones usually on one side. Sure it's normal hon x

ooh ooh me too!
I actually feel like i've been doing an ab workout - my muscles feel strained like I've overdone it at the gym.

And yesterday I had that throbbing for HOURS! It worried me but didn't if you get me.

I guess that means my 'waistline' is finally giving up the ghost :(

Don't panic Trix, you're just getting fat ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back