worry again! help

Kayelle

Reaction score
Am worrying again, this time about my pram. Seems like all the stuff I had been reading said pram or travel system , but now everything I read says pram with lie flat position. But the newborn bit of the travel system is the car seat, that isn't lie flat!! Am I using it wrong? Or is this ok? I'm so confused :-(

Which car seat do you have? I know that I picked the stokke pushchair because they do lay flat if you want them to. It is the only car seat that does this, which means that you don't have to take bubba out after 2 hours if this is not convenient. Could that be why you have this phraseology?

It's part of the gracco travel system, the car seat is in a fixed position. So I can put him in the pram in that seat, but only 2 hours? Then I can carry him or put him down flat?

Hi as far as I understand it, I have a travel system you can use the car seat but shouldnt be used for too long when they are new born was told about 30 mins max (dont get that cos what if your on a long car journey?!) , we have a carry cot with ours but the actual pram part also lies flat as well. Can you lie your pram flat?? xx

Yeah I think so, but then it is low down and facing away from me! Don't know why I feel so upset about this but I do :-(
And how long after he is born before you can use it longer than 30mins?

they say this now but a few years ago it was perfectly fine for everyone to have babies in their upright car seats for hours on end, its one of those kind of things hun, changing advice and guidelines etc. its never seemed to affect any of the kids i know and i babysat my nephew a few times where he was left overnight with only his car seat to sleep in. it wasnt a problem and im sure your not planning on using it like that. just dont leave babs in there 24/7 and im sure it will be fine.

Thanks bev you made me feel better :) it would only be down the shops with granny or doc appoints etc. I want to carry him as much as pies

When my son was a baby (10yrs ago) I had a graco travel system and he was in the car seat from the start. Also he wouldn't go to sleep any other place than the car seat, I used to rock him to sleep in the car seat then put the car seat in the cot. I didn't even have a moses basket or a baby bouncer etc, the car seat was where he slept in the daytime and there was never a problem. Same goes for most other people.

The 'rules' change all the time, and tbh I think its personal preference, this doesn't however take into consideration if you take them out, because once you place them back in your 2hours starts again. I'm travelling to Germany in April so LO will be about 2months, we're not stopping every two hours just to take him out his car seat else we would never get there, but I will probably shift him about so he's not sat there forever. xx

i have a graco travel system and got a flat cot part that sits into the pram so if im going on a short journey il just use he car seat in the pram but if im gonna be walking around for a long time il leave the car seat in the car and take the cot part so she can lie flat while in the pram, hope that makes sense

so ou miht be able to buy the cot part on its own if u didnt get it with yours x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back