Anyone been given antibiotics when pregnant?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have been prescribed Phenoxymthylpenicillin to get read of a "harmless" infection (down there), I didn't see the doctor, the midwife took a swab on Friday and I got a call from the receptionist to say a prescription was ready.

I realise that they wouldn't prescribe something that wasn't safe during pregnancy but from reading the information leaflet in the pack it says these tablets are to treat "chest and throat infections, gum and teeth infections, scarlet fever and mild erysipelas and skin and soft tissue infections"..... none of them sound like a thrush type infection which is what I have (or an I being stupid and would that come under soft tissue infections???)

I'm just wondering what other antibiotics other people have been prescribed and what was the duration of the course? These say I am to take them for a week.

Thanks

Lucy

I had amoxicillin for a urine infection

yes i had them to for a water infection!

Thanks Kim and Dionne

I always panic when I'm given something to take now I'm pregnant - even though I do appreciate that the doctors deal with pregnant women every day!

You've reassured me

Thanks

Lucy
24 + 1

Hi Lucy, I was on amoxicyllan (SP!) at the begining of my pregnancy for an ear infection (on it for a week). I was worried too that it would be harmful but I did a lot of reading on it and they won't do any harm to baby. The only thing was that they made me feel really sick :(

Hope your infection clears up and your mind is put to rest xxx

I also had amoxycillin for a urine infection - did me no harm and cleared it up a treat!! Am sure you will be fine x

Hi Lucy,

I am just finishing a course of amoxycillin for a urine infection, I have also been taking co-dydramol tablets for severe headaches. My doc said there was only a couple of antibiotics you can take that are safe in pregnancy so these two must be them!!

If you're really worried give your doc a ring just to put your mind at rest.

Hope it clears up soon.

Nicki.x :D

When i was on holiday when i was 8 weeks pregnant i had food poisoning and was given sickness tablets, they were spanish so my midwife was unable to tell me if they were safe or not.

Fingers crossed

the only thing i found to be a problem while takin antibiotix while preg is they give me terrible thrush i spoke to my doc and he said that it is coman while preg takin antibiotix :(

I guess thrush is a skin infection of sorts so they probably are the right ones hun.

Thanks Ladies for you replies

Feel far less paranoid now

Cheers

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member