Worried it will affect the baby...

never think that you are over reaccting when it comes to looking after your unborn baby, just think that there is still lots of people out there who have heavy work loads and still need to go to work, I had to work through terrible morning sickness and you still have this to come lol, but speak to the doctor and they might be willing to give you a note saying that you arent fit for work, they sometime charge for signing one for you now but its only £10 xx

Thanks for that...its just because im in the 8ww until im "safe" so thats why i am worried more than i would be if i was past 12 weeks xx

are you under consultant care this time if you are then you should get signed off no prob until you are over the "safe" period xx

I dont think anyone thinks you are overreacting just trying to reassure you that you can do many things and baby can be safe, it is so scary especially after a m/c that i think caution is the best way for your own peace of mind, so i think you are right in ringing over your supervisors head especially as supervisor seems to forget things and they already know about previous m/c

Hi hun. I would speak to your HR dept and let them know that you're concerned (i work in HR). They will contact your Supervisor and let him know the correct procedure. The college should also have a maternity policy and procedure and should give you info.

xxxx

I work a yard of 10 horses 3 hours a morning, and work full time in a gym and although I felt lousy with some pretty evil symptoms it didn't stop me, mucking out 10 horses is bloody hard work! I just stuck to all my normal ways of life, still rising my horses still doing everything I did before. Don't want to wrap myself in a bubble just because I'm pregnant. Baby will be out on the yard as soon as possible too, just my way of doing things!

As for your employers, it's good to tell them early on as they by law have to write a risk assessment for you, and the tasks they believe are unacceptable for pregnant people will be ruled out. As long as your careful in what you do, you will be fine.
X

mucking out is hard work i remember it so well lol aww i miss being around horses :(

HR is human resources hun. How you feeling today? Hope you get things sorted soon x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, im ok...my back is getting bloody worse!
The supervisor never mensioned he knew i went above his head but he said he was taking some of my work off me and giving me something else which is better. But i dont know if youl get what i mean lol but the boss is in tuesday to tell these other people what they are doing which is the bit thats getting took off me, but my new bit starts monday? so i think hes expecting me to do both until wednesday which ive told him isnt gonna happen, so i dont know whats going to happen now im not doing both i have enough to do. i also asked him for a risk assessment, which at first wondered why! thats how much he knows! but then i said its the law and you have to do it and he said hel sort it out. xx

Glad you seem to be getting it sorted out :D Stand your ground and don't do the extra for those couple of days if you feel it's not right. Good for you for standing up for yourself and your baby, you'll be a great Mum :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back