• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

worried I may be miscarrying :(

Kat91

Reaction score
Okay, I'm now entering my 6th week...I found out I was pregnant last Wednesday and from a few days before that til now I've had typical symptoms (emotional, cramps, swollen sore breasts and feeling sick occassionally.) Whats worrying me is that in the past 2-3 days my symptoms have decreased slightly (minus the sickness which increased if anything, although yesterday i was completely fine, today i feel a bit icky) but my cramps are basically gone, my breasts are still tender to the touch but not as much anymore, I'm still very bloated and moody, but I'm not as tired as i was a few days ago anymore....overall I feel much better as in i have my energyback somewhat and am feeling much happier and more 'myself'....I wasn't really worrying until just now I felt like I passed some discharge, obviously I checked for blood and there it was :( now it looked like normal discharge but with very faint brown blood in it, and it has now stopped....could it be a sign of that? :( good thing is i have my doctor appointmet in an hour so hopefully they give me an urgent scan :(

Last edited:
i wouldnt worry about decreased symptoms chick they will come and go mine do. im not sure about the blood but it could be anything remember you are going through alot of changes, how do you feel now? x

Last edited:
thank you for the words of reassurance, it's just so hard not to panic at any little thing :(

I went to the loo and luckily there wasn't anymore, just the faintest bit which was barely visible...hope everything's okay in there :(

ino chick it is im like it all the time. everyone on here seems to be passing blood at some point dont worry! im worrying cos im not and everyone els is lol. you will be fine. you say your only 4weeks, it will probably be old blood from implantation. brown blood is old blood if there isn't alot don't worry, you will also be very sensitive at the moment xx

just read this on internet - Brown spotting is perfectly normal in early pregnancy. One reason for this type of spotting is called implantation bleeding. This occurs approx. 2 weeks after conception and 4 weeks since your last menstrual period. Another reason this could be happening is your body could be releasing old blood. Neither of these reasons are cause for concern

Hey hun, I was really worried as well but from the word go I felt I had hardly any symptoms. I think I was physically sick only 5/6 times and only felt sick once in a while. My boobs were absolutely fine, had the odd cramp here and there, my hormones were very up and down; my worst symptom was the fatigue which Im still suffering now. But due to my lack of symptoms I was certain there was something wrong, but I had a scan at 10 weeks and all was good and I had my 12 week scan today and everything is still good. Try not to stress hun, I'm the worlds worst person for worrying but it's not good for you or baby :) i hope this helps. xxx.

Brown blood is old blood Hun so it should be fine, lots of red blood may be cause for concern but not a spot of brown xx

I had hardly any symptoms at 6 weeks, and got vaguely queasy and went off tea and coffee from about 6-9 weeks, then overnight I felt fantastic. The few symptoms I did have disappeared. I had miscarried twice before (and one was a MMC) so I totally panicked. I was away for work and spent nearly 2 days worried sick but when I went for a scan, all was fine. Looking back, there is SO much talk about symptoms and how you should feel and this and that, but it is also equally normal NOT to have symptoms, not to feel sick or have sore breasts. I didn't...

try not to worry.

big hugs

xxxxx

My symptoms had gone at 6 weeks and now Im 8+5 and theyre back with vengeance :(
Brown blood is probably normal hun its bright red and cramping you need to worry about.
x

hey,

simptoms come and go, I wouldn't worry about that.

I had bleeding a few times already, but scans showed that the baby was fine. So try not to worry about it. However, if you can get a scan, go for it - just for a peace of mind, you know!

thanks everyone :) welli went to my doctors, and because i've been having one sided pains she told me to go to the hospital, which i did (even more worried!) she suspected a possible ectopic....when i got to the hospital it was a longish wait before was seen by nurse and doctor, had a urine done and turns out i have a urine infection, which im very prone to, and doc said that could be my one sided pain...also done a physical examination up there and said that if it were an ectopic i;d jump off the bed when he felt a certain area...i didnt although it was painful!! and i did nearly jump when he pulled the duck thing out, which cause blood to come out, luckily i saw it was brown...he took two swabs from inside and the oh says one was brown and one was red :( something to worry about? doc did explain it can be normal for a bit of blood early on and said i should expect a bit more tonight but said not to worry unless im soaking a pad every half hour...said if i get bad to call them and go back. Oh he said everything's closed up tight in there so thats good. also got a blood done which i get results for tomorrow...and another blood in two days to compare my hormone levels which will determine if it is an ectopic or not or if i may be miscarrying....they didnt offer me a scan though :( which im really gutted about as i need one done...im going crazy, it's been such an upsetting day today...

Hey Im so sorry you are so worried I had the same with my last. I promise that my LO is all fine and healthy. Ive also had lots of brown blood this time and everything was fine on the scan. Did they not advice you that a scan at this stage is too early??? They may be able to see the sac but not the embryo/feotus. Does that make sense? I had this and I had to wait nearly 2 weeks before they could do another scan which I can tell you was hell on earth. Like the others have said, if you are in pain and bright red blood with clots then its a problem. I hope you feel better soon. I am 12 weeks now and got back pain and had bleeding in early days. All is fine on 12 weeks scan. Good luck huni x

I know they won't see much but I'm very worried about an ectopic, and they should be able to see that at least shouldn't they?? i think a scan is more reliable than a blood test for that...

kat....I called my EPAU and explained to them what was going on with me and they offered me one. Not all EPAUs are as good as the one in my hospital, and depending on where you are you may need to pay for a private one, but if I were you I'd call them. it can't do any harm.

I really feel for you, the worry is horrible.

xx

Hope all will be well. Try not to worry, and fingers crossed everything will be ok.

Good luck for the results and everything hun.
I really wouldn't worry about the decreasing of symptoms.
I felt major sick a few weeks ago when I didn't know I was pregnant. Since finding out I'm pregnant I haven't been sick and I have only felt sick once. Boobs aren't as tender as they were either, but they still hurt! One thing I think has increased is my tiredness, I have to have naps every day now. Although, I was very tired before I found out I was pregnant but just suspected I wasn't getting enough sleep. Perhaps my tiredness hasn't increased at all.

Try not to worry and again good luck!! xxx

yes I think youre right, surely they would see an ectopic on a scan? Do you have an early preg unit at your local hospital? Get back on the case babe tell them how much this is stressing you out and that in itself cant be good for the baby can it.

Good luck let us know how you get on xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back