Worried First Time Mum

hy baby number 1!! i had my lo seven months ago now and hes my first and i ws worrying about everythig....but tbh ( which i hope helps) you end up guessig your way through the first few months.... it is really hard to know what to do but follow your instincts all the way they're completely invaluable and youll surprise yourself at everything that does just come second nature....!! make sure you take full use of all the resources avaiable!! whilst your in hosp, get them to show you how to wind and bath your lo, how to feed properly etc. WHen you come out drill your HV/MW with any qns...its what they are there for!! ANd dont forget you have us on here as well who are going through the same things and some who already have babies who can give you their advice etc.....

i regret not using the services to the fullest. Phi ad i (my oh) guessed how to wind a baby and bath him....we knew it all needed doing but we had to guess!!

But please dont worry prepare yourself as best as poss in terms of: getting babies sleeping things arranged wherever he/she may be, so that your not rushing around last minute to prepare it, get all the things you need set up, we had a changing station set up weeks before he was born. Also, i really recommen cooking a weeks woth of meals and freezing them, so you dont have to worry about cooking in the first week!! xx that is my ultimate piece of advice!!

x

it's going to be my 1st time to. i'm sure we will all be fine. i haven't had that much experience but sure it will all come naturally as they say.

as above i am going to attempt to prepare the meals for a week and freeze them so i don't need to worry about it.

also with bottles if you havent got them its worth getting the milk pots that fit inside the bottles. then all you do is mix them and warm them when needed. stops bottles being wasted aswell. xxx

Baby number 1 I feel exactly the same! Whereabouts in Cheshire are u? we are having parenting classes in Cheshire if it helps?x

I live in Leigh... but do drive so can get anywhere... that would be really useful!! Ive been given a number by my midwife for parenting class things (see, i dont even know what they are called ha) but the more i can get involved in the better!

Baby number 1 I feel exactly the same! Whereabouts in Cheshire are u? we are having parenting classes in Cheshire if it helps?x

I live in Leigh... but do drive so can get anywhere... that would be really useful!! Ive been given a number by my midwife for parenting class things (see, i dont even know what they are called ha) but the more i can get involved in the better!

We went to one at our local hospital yesterday & it was fab, i think u have to have ur baby there though to attend the classes there.
I am having a Mummy to be spa day at a health centre on the way to Chester though & they offer private antenatal classes, we were definately going to go to it if the NHS one was crap!
http://www.zenchi-therapy.co.uk/workshops.php

x

We went to one at our local hospital yesterday & it was fab, i think u have to have ur baby there though to attend the classes there.
I am having a Mummy to be spa day at a health centre on the way to Chester though & they offer private antenatal classes, we were definately going to go to it if the NHS one was crap!

x

Oooh thanks! Ill have a look! I dont even know where im going to have the baby yet - we have told the midwife which one but think we might change to another ... we arent the most organised people haha!!

Thanks a lot for this... ive just noticed it has info on the hypnobirth aswell, and i think i want one of those (im the worst EVER with pain so im hoping they can hypnotise me to think its not as bad as its made out) x

x

Oooh thanks! Ill have a look! I dont even know where im going to have the baby yet - we have told the midwife which one but think we might change to another ... we arent the most organised people haha!!

Thanks a lot for this... ive just noticed it has info on the hypnobirth aswell, and i think i want one of those (im the worst EVER with pain so im hoping they can hypnotise me to think its not as bad as its made out) x

Yeah im going to ask about that when i go to my spa day cos on the nhs course they said it can really help :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back