Really worried! Plz help ASAP! Mature topic...

JuicyJess

Reaction score
im sorry to ask this but im abit worried. i feel really silly askin this but, my mum and dad has gone away, they will be bak soon but i need some advice and cant ask my mum over the phone! im 34 weeks pregnant and i have had diorreah and thrush for a couple of days. i dont know why! im seeing my mw soon but i need some reasurance now. if i tell the mw what will she do because i dont want her sticking her fingers anywhere!! plz can someone give me some advice plz? xxx

well i thought diarrhea(sp?) was a sign of your body getting prepared for labour, sort of clearing you out so it dont appear during labour? i could be wrong though-id wait until you get a few more replies i might be talking out me bum. Amy X

thanks for relpying to my topics darlin. i fort that too but i read my pg book and it says you should tell your mw if it carries on for more than 1 or 2 days? xxx

i wud just tell your midwife.. there is no reason why she wud stick her fingers any where, especially if u dont want her to.

just make sure you drink lots, as ur body will be lacking alot of water if u have diorreah.

it cud be just ur body getting ready, just keep us updated

love elaine

dont worry too much hun.. maybe you cud phone ur hospital or nhs direct and they can give you more advice... drinking lots of water will also help to wash any infection out

dont worry babe

Hi Jess,

Try not to worry, I have had diorreah off and on through my pregnancy, spoke to my midwife about it and she said it was perfectly normal, as the uterus and bowel are very closely connected, hence some women get constipation from the bowel getting squashed. She said it was probably due to me haing a very active baby and it was just agrivating my bowel. If however you have sever diorreah as in you are running to the loo several times a day then contact your midwife to be on the safe side. And as paradysso says drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself well hydrated.

thankyou for your reply girls! :D well i think i am ok this morning? very strange! :? my lil girl i always VERY active! that why iv always thought she was a he until my last scan oops! hehe. i really hope that i dont go into prem labour tho baause its 6weeks too early! throughout my pregnancy my midwife always said i probably would go into labour early because of my size, the weight of my and the baby and because im so young... xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back