Worried about weight

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
I've always struggled with my weight. I'm now 10 weeks pregnant and I've been as careful as possible with the food that I've eaten (it's hard when I feel sick ALL the time) I've been eating a lot more bread than usual as I'm struggling to stomach anything else. Anyway I've put on 5 pounds and I was wondering if that's too much, about right, or what? How much weight have other people put on? All the books/ website say that by 10 weeks I should have put some weight on. I defo think some weight is on my huge boobs! :eh:They are now popping out of my G cup bras - I'll need a trailer for them soon!:oooo:
Sorry it's a long one I just don't want to Putin any unneeded weight.

hey! ive put on a little bit of weight since falling pregnant, and im a 36 GG bra now too!! not funny at all, and my tummy is sticking out a lot. lol i feel really fat at the moment! big tummy, thighs and bum. but i guess we have to stick it out until baby is born! not a great time to start weight loss! your body stores fat and stuff for bambino, so all is natural, im just hoping i dont get reeely huge!! x

My scales say I've lost weight, but I don't know how, my boobs are bigger (although I'm still just an A, but I'm glad of any growth I can get there, lol!) and my tummy's definitely bigger!!

Try not to worry about it. Everyone's different, and baby will take all the best bits from you, so s/he'll be fine!!

I think 5 lb is just fine by 10o weeks hun, try not to worry, if your eating healthly then you know your getting what you need , try not to worry, if you think your approaching the end of Tri 1 already, that sounds about right!

yeah 5lbs is fine... i wud say if ur trying to eat healthy what you can the majority of the time youll be fine... if ur worried i know slimming world do a programme for pregnant women... not to lose weight but to maintain it and then over the months what u lose will be baby weight and when youve had baby i think ur weight drops a bit?? my mum does SW and she was telling me this as girl in her group is preg and theyre maintaining her weight?? xx

I think Ive put on about 15 stone since i fell pregnant!! Luckily all my weight has just gone on the bump and my boobs and not spread all over the rest of my body!
Everyones different chick, the midwife will tell you if you need to do anything different :) x

I think I have probably put on about the same and I am also blaming the amount of bread I have been eating. It was something I used to avoid before pregnancy but now it seems like one of the few things that I can face eating. The extra boob weight can also not be helping, I feel like mine have doubled in size.

Hopefully when we get past the first trimester we will all feel less sick so will have more choice in the foods our stomach can handle. I am also hoping I get a huge burst of energy so I can start doing some exercise again, feel so lazy just now but the most energetic thing I feel like doing is changing the channel on the telly! :blush:

Well I weighed myself for the last time before I go on holiday and I've lost 2lbs! So i've only put a total of 3lbs on now. I've not done anything to try and loose the weight I just started doing a little bit of walking to improve my fitness. I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks for all of the replies.

Like the other girls have said try not to worry too much. as long as you are eating sensibly (i know can be really hard at times!!). To be honest when my midwife came round she guessed my weight at 8 weeks and i should really be monitoring it but im trying hard to keep an eye on what im eating without becoming obsessed bout my weight (as was a bit before hand and would yo yo diet etc). Im gonna weigh myself on monday at work then keep an eye on things. It sounds like thats an ok amount xx

I think I've piled on the pounds here! my belly is definately rounder, and I'm not talking bump either!
BUT I was gutted - I went to La Senza for some new underwear to make myself feel better, and she took me DOWN a size!! :O

Im in week 12 and I have put on 7 pounds overall - 6 of these were in the first month which was a bit alarming, but I think its mostly down to bloating.

I know what you mean about the bread - its the only thing that calms down my nausea. Id rather put on too much weight than feel sick all the time though!

I havent weighed myself in a couple of weeks, but last time I was down on weight.

I don't think at this stage there is a too much or too little, everyones body reacts differently.
I had lost a pound and a half when I last weighed myself but I worked out my BMI today and it's 35!

Gutted it may mean I can't have a water birth which I am seriously considering as I don't want to take any more medication than I have too. I take enough as it is for my Asthma. It has really got me down :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back