Weight gain

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
So I've just come back from my booking appointment with the midwife. She weighed me and it turns out I have put on about 8 pounds :( I just googled it and the normal amount of weight to put on is 5 pounds :( I'm sad now :(

i wouldnt worry about it hun as sickness may hit you and you might actually lose some weight between now and 14 weeks, i lost about 4 pounds as i couldnt stomach much xx

Hi hun, I was worried after weighing myself the other day, I've gained about 7 pounds. But when I was pregnant with my son I was the same and felt so sick unless I was constantly snacking. I've also quit smoking so that's probably made me gain a few pounds too x

Last edited:
My weight ballooned overnight, I have been eating crap but only when I'm pregnant does it go on overnight lol

I gave up smoking too, so that probably hasnt helped.

With my first I was really down about it, but this time I can't be bothered to worry ttoo much. I know as long as I dont let it get out of control I can so burn it off when LO is here!

xxxxx

ive lost half a stone since being pregnant and trust me id rather gain 8pounds than lose half a stone. starting to worry that im not healthy enough for the little one. trying so hard to eat but its difficult when everything makes you feel sick :(
so dont worry about gaining a few pounds, your baby will be so healthy :) x

ahhhh try not to stress hun it will even its self out over time some gain quicker than others

Oh I'm so glad it's not just me then! I was stunned when she told me my weight!! I've put 8lb on too!! But that's cause I'm eating so much as I'm sick so much but obviously not all of it is being thrown up sorry for tmi!!
I've also got a bump now which I'm trying to hide! X

Oh good, I don't feel so bad now! It's just I'm normally in the healthy bmi range it's normally about 23 and she said its 26! I'm like you Kat86, I have to snack or I feel sick.
Not that I'm glad you have gained weight babybo, but I'm glad we have gained the same as we're roughly the same amount of weeks. I have a bump too which I find strange as its clearly not made up of baby as baby is still tiny! People at work are starting to guess now which isn't good! x c

Just remember you can get rid of weight after baby is born so i wouldnt worry to much over an extra 3lbs x

im just really bloated still am sure the midwife will weigh me at the appointment x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back