weight loss!!

satya

Reaction score
hi,

Iam new to this webbie.

Iam 9 weeks pregnant and my doctor has advised me to lose weight!!!

Now I have lost almost 6 pounds and doctor is still recommending to lose weight...I dont get it, people are supposed to put-on weight when they are pregnant and my doctor says Iam over-weight, I weigh about 125 pounds...Is that over-weight??? I really don't look that fat, my hubby says it is your bone weight and not fat...

Someone please advise whether it is good to lose weight or it may lead to baby under-development..thanks in advance..

Not too sure how it will affect baby but I was under the impression that although we should eat healthily and not put on too much weight that it wasn't advisable to diet? :eek:

I would check this out with another doc or medical proffesional if I was you :)

Hi Hun,

I am overwieght for my height but my doctor/mid wife said that you shud not diet you just need to eat healthy and get exercise. I go swimming 4 times a week and eat 3 times a day and have healthy snacks.

I think it is disgusting when a doctor says to loose weight whilst your pregnant.
Your weight has no effect on your baby at all so dont worry just stay healthy and relax!

xx

That sounds odd, if your 125lb that makes you around 9 stone, which isnt overweight at all, unless your only 4ft tall!!

Your doctors talking cr*p abount losing weight! Just try to eat a healthy balanced diet (as much as sickness will allow)

Ignore your doctor! What on earth are they on about? I'm over 9 stone, which is almost a stone over my ideal weight apparently for my height but ive never been told by my doctor to diet, especially not when pregnant!

I don't think you should be dieting at all, just eating healthily. I actually went to see my doctor, because I have lost just over a stone in the last 12 weeks, I was on the atkins diet for the first 5 weeks of pg, as I didn;t know I was pg, but doc said this was fine, as in general the food I was eating was healthy just void of carbs. I have since started to eat carbs again, and have continued to lose weight but doc said this is due to eating earlier in the evening - as i'm starving by the time I get home from work, and I don;t snack, as luckily my only weakness is crisps which I limit, can happily pass on cakes and chocolate. I think losing weight without trying is one thing, but purposely trying to lose weight is a ridiculous suggestion for your doc to make.

I wish i weighed 125lb, I am not overweight really, I am pretty muscly which increase the numbers on the scale, I am also quite tall so at 5'8" my 12 stone weight isn't really all that bad (i'm trying to convince myself not you guys :lol: ), I have a bulge, which I can now put down to baby, but my legs and arms are toned, so I don't look that big at all, just a little chubby round the middle. I used to be a size 10 (until I was 21 and fell in love) and would really hate to be that skinny again, my ideal size would be a 12, but thats a long way off now!

Eat what your body tells you too, and you'll prob find the m/s in first tri helps you lose a little! :puke:

i would dread to see your doc,im 5.8" and 14.7 stone,hehehe,really hoping i dont put a lot on with this one but as long as the baby is healthy thats all that matters,just need to work really really hard to get down to 12.7 after ive had it :oops:

im overweight too, but ive been told your not supposed to diet when your pregnant just eat a bit more healthier, im 5'4 and weigh 10st 8lb.

sarahxxx

Hi

That just makes me mad yournot over weight at all eat healthy and do light exercise and you'll be fine.
I was 150 when i fell pregnant and i wasnt even told to lose weight.
Katrina

:oops: i got weighed at doctors today :oops: :oops:

ive put on a bit of weight :oops: :oops:

but the doctore didnt say anything so i like mine,she said id lose it when ive had the baby soon enough,not telling how much ive put on,still in double k's but only just :oops:

thanks a lot to all of you for the replies... :)

I would like to know whether this would have any impact on the baby's growth in terms of organs, etc. Kindly let me know whether eating "lesser" than usual amount of food affects my baby...Iam very worried and scared.

Iam planning to see another doc soon, should I see another doc right now or should I wait until I complete 12 weeks..let me know..thanks

See another doctor - i think that would make you feel better - and you have to make sure you are somewhere comfortable with a doc you trust.

With regards to development, if you completely starve yourself i think it would have an effect, but i doubt eating a little less will make much difference, the baby will take what it needs from you!

I was eating less when I was on atkins, my doc said it shouldn't be a problem, because the food i was eating (lots of veg - it wasn't strict atkins - i only cut out bread/ pasta/ rice/ potatoes etc) was full of nutrients and would be a healthy enough diet - i'm, back on bread and stuff now but in moderation, and only cos it is so difficult to find nice meals without these things.

How is 9 Stone overweight :shock: I think you should ignore the doctor completly love.

9 stone is not over weight unless your under 4ft or something!!

Ignore the Dr, and change to a new one imo

Im overweight and me and my Dr were working on sorting it out when I got Pregnant, I had just started doin the G.I (glycemic index) diet, which is not so much a diet just healthy eating while keeping your GI down (excellent for diabetics) and she said it is fine to continue with this ''diet'' (although im reluctant to call it that as such) as its just a healty eating plan that I really should be following anyway but that if I loose weight while pregnant thats fine especially since I will be stopping drinking so saving thousands of cal's a week. She also said its good since many pregnant women get diabetic during pregnancy it 'may' help to reduce the chance of this if im keeping my GI down.

In reality, I aint followed it at all since becomming pregnant as ive been feeling sick and so tired Ive just been eating bits and bats as and when i wanted them, but now the sickness is pretty much over, ill be deffo following the plan again - well really be going to healty eating!!

So to cap it off, while you shouldnt diet while preggers, you can loose weight and the baby will be fine if you have turned to healty eating when your previous habits were a little bad

Now before I start that im just off to the canteen to get an egg butty for breaky lol (im serious)

Well I guess most of us are over weight eh? Given that the UK is a curvy size 16 average, without being PG.
I find it quite annoying when Dr's put extra needless worry and stress on to us already homoned up mum's to be.
I am 5'3 and weigh 138 pounds... I am not over weight in the Body Mass Index charts. I found this link to check mine, it has healthy eating advice too. http://www.birth.com.au/class.asp?class=65&page=12#
I think your Doctor isn't giving you good advise and you should change GP's.
I agree with others here, even if you have cut down your meals etc a little i wouldn't think it would do baby's development any harm. Us mums have reserves baby would use, don't worry and go get good advice.

FATfynemum Apparently :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back