I've put on half a stone already!

I'm only 8 weeks pregnant and I've put on half a stone! Has anyone else put on weight already?

I needed to put on weight, so it's a good thing, but people keep teasing me it might be twins.

I've got a private scan booked for the 4th April, but I'm sure there's only one in there!

How much weight have any of you gained so far?

Hi, i have put 10lbs on so far, so know where you are coming from.
It's so scary i don't even weigh myself now! :D

I don't think it's all pregnancy weight though - pre pregnany i wasn't very healthy, always on a diet, not eating carbs etc but now i have to have a balanced diet so am eating carbs daily so think this is the reason for my downfall.

The worst thing is i had put on over a stone since my wedding last summer and what with Christmas, so i was planning on doing a major detox but when i got my bfp that had to go out the window! :roll:

ive only put on a stone and a half this time, with my other children i put on 2-3 1/2 stone

Hi,
I've put on just over a stone so far, I really don't want to keep putting weight on at this rate but I can't bring myself to stop eating all those biscuits and ice cream!
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it from september onwards. . .

I was always on diets and did really well for my wedding last April but alas it ALL went back on before I even got pregnant the mw weighed me when I was 9 weeks and I was 11.3 I haven't been near a scales since am terrified of them :lol: so like eightball I'm just gonna go with the flow and not worry until after the baby's here.

Thanks for the replies, girls. I'm delighted that my boobs are finally putting in an appearance again! They were a C cup in the dim and distand past (I once got properly measured and was told a 30D would be my ideal size, but there aren't many 30s on the shelves), but after breastfeeding my older two kids for a couple of years, they shrank away to nothing. As did the rest of me! I was left with about an A cup for the last few years. I often joking described myself as an 'ironing board'. :D

After I had my son, I became painfully thin. I'm 5 ft 6" and went down to about 7 stones 2lb. I stayed that weight for ages. A size 6 was even too big for me and I often wore kids' clothes. Even after having my second child, I was always under 8 stones. Looking back at photos of myself with my son when he was a baby, it's shocking how skinny I was. It's no wonder I barely had the energy to push his pram into town and back. No wonder Posh always looks miserable!

I know that breastfeeding and running around after a baby make you lose weight drastically, so I'll be happy to have a bit of extra weight behind me when I give birth this time. I was in my 20s when I had my older two. Perhaps now that I'm in my 30s, the weight will take longer to come off again, but I know that you really need energy after having a baby, so it's not a good time to think about your figure.

I was wondering whether the increase in my weight so early on and the bloated stomach that I've had for weeks could mean there's more than one baby in there :shock:

But really, I think I'm just being silly. It will be more to do with the fact that I have an increased appetite! I've even started wanting to eat fruit again. I love most vegetables and have them a few times a day, but now I also want to eat fruit (and cheese, and crisps, and fry-ups and well, everything I can get my hands on....). It's great! Eating has often been a "chore" for me (I eat because I have to), now I really want to eat everything and everything tastes great.

WendyWandy said:
I was wondering whether the increase in my weight so early on and the bloated stomach that I've had for weeks could mean there's more than one baby in there :shock:

But really, I think I'm just being silly. It will be more to do with the fact that I have an increased appetite! I've even started wanting to eat fruit again. I love most vegetables and have them a few times a day, but now I also want to eat fruit (and cheese, and crisps, and fry-ups and well, everything I can get my hands on....). It's great! Eating has often been a "chore" for me (I eat because I have to), now I really want to eat everything and everything tastes great.

I once read that if you are expecting twins it goes by the size of your uterus, not your abdomen. If it did, i would probably be expecting sextuplets by the size of my belly! :D

Glad to see you have a such a positive outlook on your pregnancy. :wink:

Glad to see you have a such a positive outlook on your pregnancy.

Oh Bexter - I wish I did have such a positive outlook! I thought I did until Monday night, when I went to visit my cousin in hospital where she'd just given birth earlier that day to a gorgeous little girl. I was there, holding the baby, and a feeling of terror started to grip me. My cousin was in a room of her own (luckily) and there were far too many of us visitors there - 14 of us!!! I remember feeling terribly claustrophobic and, as I held the baby, I panicked at how small she was (she weighed more than my own daughter did when she was born) and how still she was in my arms. Everyone then asked how I was - it took a few seconds to register that they were asking me because I'm pregnant. I left after a few minutes, thinking, "Oh God, I can't do this!"

It was all I could think about for the rest of the night. That tiny baby, all those people...I had my first two in England and I left hospital a few hours after each birth, so I had no family members visit me. Back home, I could let the housework slip and not care, because there'd be no unexpected visitors. This time, my huge extended family (the same as my cousin's) will all want to come and see the baby, at the hospital and at home.

As well as the thought of that, my b/f and I aren't getting on. He can't cope with me being slightly ratty now without shouting and screaming back at me, so I dread what he'll be like when I'm hormonal and shattered looking after a newborn.

This week, I feel like I want to run away. I really wanted another child, but the reality is hitting home and I'm having second thoughts. I feel like I don't want to be pregnant and I don't know how I'll cope with a tiny baby again...sorry for having a moan. Maybe it's just a wobble. If it wasn't for this site, I'd just forget I was pregnant in the hope that it'll all go away. But then, I don't really want not to be pregnant either (is this hormones?). Ach, I just worry about anything and nothing, it's my nature.

But thank you.

xxx

I've put on 2lb so far but i'm monitoring it closely and carefully this time as i put on 5 stone with my first :shock:

I had put on half a stone by my BFP!! It has slowed thank goodness, my clothes barely fit already!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back