Worried about Milestones :(

Lisa_85

Reaction score
I know i shouldnt compare but im looking at other peoples LO's and Issac (bless him) seems rather..... relaxed! to say the least.

I still think of him as a baby baby he just loves to be held! ive just been able to put him down on the floor for longer than 2mins, He isnt doing much though. I think he has just found his hands because he will grasp something you put in them but he has no interest in rolling, sitting, or grabbing things in front or at the side of him.

He is a smiler so i know he is happy and i got his first proper giggle today :dance:i love it! i dont know how to help him learn when all he wants is my arms, I feel like IM holding him back

x

I cant see tickers but all babies develop at their own speed. I think there is far too much emphasis on 'milestones' yes it's probs good for the HVs to determine that the baby is growing and developing well but I think most babies get there in their own time. Don't worry :)

Thanks, He is 4months and 4days, I know he will do things in his own time im just worried im not playing enough or playing with the right things with him.

Since he doesnt hold onto things its hard to let him explore as kids would do by picking things up and chomping on things he just holds and drops it even if he moves his arm i dont think he realises its him that has made the rattle make a noise.

x

Jake is the same, rolled about 4 times at the most and he is 6 months next week but he has no interest in it at all but none of my kids have been rollers, he has only just started holding stuff properly now and is more interested in sitting up on his own so I think once he has mastered that he will go onto crawl so don't worry hun and he still wants to be held loads too!

Hun I am same. Worry about his neck/head control etc. I think we prob all find something and wonder if we're doing enough. I guess we just need to remember every baby is different and all in good time. X

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Lilyanna is a right lazy moo only just really holding her head up! She hated tummy time and I was worried about her development coz she was so relaxed and sleepy, my older girls rolled over by 3 months.. Shouldn't really compare babies development but it's hard not to.. She's just started grabbing things and trying to roll over this week.. Don't worry hun he will do it in time! I've heard boys develop later than girls anyway.. Aslong as he's happy and content that's all that matters :)

Last edited:
Charlie would bash things from a really young age but wouldn't grab things or sit up til he was 6 months, felt like an eternity but once they grow up there's no going back.

I get worried about this too sometimes. Especially if I've got a friend whose baby is younger than Angel and they're doing stuff which she hasn't etc. But like pinky said all babies develop at their own pace and speed and they're all completely different :) I've got an app on my phone which outlines rough milestones and according to that sitting up on their own is a 6 month milestone and she's doing that already, but rolling is a 4 month one and she doesn't do that; just goes to show how rough it is lol I don't really pay attention to it hun xx

Jack didn't sit unaided until he was 7months, and only just mastered his version of crawling (he uses his left foot and right knee & looks like a chimp lol) yesterday, now there's no stopping him! Most of the people I know with babies of a similar age to him have cruising babies and some are even walking!! I'm not worried or fussed because Jack's a 'thinker'. He's fantastic at working out how toys work and is brilliant with his hands! He'd rather sit and play with a toy with tiny little buttons or spinney bits than crawl around the room.

They all develop in their own time and in their own way, so I wouldn't worry at all x

I think Jake is going to be like Jack and that pic you posted of him when he was tiny in his pram was just so cute, it's amazing how much they change isn't it, he is just lovely xxx

Well how typical is this, I had Issac down for tummy time and this happens! so proud i ran for the camera and today i noticed he doesnt want to play with toys but really stares at tags :-/ random lol x

Issac tummy time 18weeks.jpg

Aww thanks Chrissie, you're little man is scrummy too!

Well done Isaac! See just when you get worried they go and suprise you!! lol x

It's mad how they can literally change overnight!! What a little cutie!!

Thanks everyone,

I cant believe how much drool he creates, poor baba with his poorly gums lol.

Your totally right JM its just overnight they change so dramatically lol xx

It's mental isn't it!!
Yeah the drooling is nuts just pours out unexpected lol!

I worried as well and because Kynon was a month early it made me more confused about what milestones he should be doing and found myself comparing him to babies who should be a month older iykwim, which probably isn't right! I'm a lot happier now as he had a development spurt a few weeks back and was suddenly doing loads so maybe Issac will do the same and literally change over night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back