Lazy Green Bean UPDATE

monster_munch

Reaction score
i put him on his mat today and was rolling him back and forth and he decided to do it himself.
Problem is, he hates being on his front, so he would roll then scream bloody murder! Once i'd righted him he'd roll straight over again. This happened at least 10times bless him :lol: not the brightest crayon in the box bless him!
He is just generally quite lazy - the only time he isn't is when it involves food. If he has EBM he holds the bottle himself and he likes to spoon feed himself, but other than that he is just not trying :shakehead:
He is 23 weeks now - DD rolled over at 16 weeks. I know I shouldn't compare them, but I have chores for him to do so he needs to get blumming moving. Lazy sod.

Oh and his bottom teeth are finally out of his gum properly - having only taken over 5 months :rotfl: (not that I'm complaining tooth Gods - if you're listening that's enough for now!!) breastfeeding is fine, don't know they are there, until he decides to look behind him and doesn't let go of booby first!

Anyone have any tips to encourage him to try rolling. He doesn't really enjoy being on his front, and if I put toys behind him, he cranes his neck to look, has a reach and when he realises he can't get it easily he justs looks back to the front and waits for me to get it!

Aww, I wouldnt worry too much, I'm sure he'll do things naturally in his own time.

One thing I got was a baby gym with a frame that has 2 bars either side with shapes that spin round so the baby has to roll to one side to reach them. I got mine really cheap off ebay, but I think they are about a tenner at Argos.

I have heard that girls tend to progress a bit more quickly than boys so I'm sure he'll be ok :hug:

Eva only rolls one way so I have put things on the other aside of the cot to encourage her to go the other way - it doesnt work she just swivels round so she is upside down and can roll the way she likes to reach the toys lol :rotfl:

MM Ted is the same, he just can't be arsed to roll...i was wondering whether he actually had the strength to flip his own weight over..he is quite biff! :rotfl:
Did u check out those dribble bandana bibs after, i posted a link for them :hug:

That's what i wondered with gorge, although he's no longer big weight wise, but he's ever so lanky.
Completely forgot about those bibs, can't remember what thread it was on! Will go and have a hunt. His teeth come through now but i think more are on the way as there is still a lot of drool going on!

MM you could have just described caden!he has no real interest in playing with toys unless you physically put them in his hand,he rolls onto his side and thats it,he thinks about trying to sit but it takes too mch effort.if you find anything that helps let me know :rotfl:

Hiya hun

James was exactly the same. He has only very recently (last 2 weeks) started to roll. Think its cos of their size? There is more of em to lug over than other babies!!

I have found that James loves his walker and gets good exercise in that. He has been able to run around in it for about a month so is quite advanced in that respect so im not too worried that he is only just rolling. He is stronger in terms of his neck control, can push himself up well, strong on his legs etc. He just aint acrobatic! More of a rugby player than a gymnast!!!

Your little man is probably similar cos hes a big boy too
:hug: :hug:

I think boys are generally a bit slower so having had a girl first you will probably notice more!!
Hayden was really lazy! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back