crying when out down

confuzed 88

Reaction score
My almost 5month old cries each time he is put down, i try not to hold him too much so i make sure he doesnt get into the habit, but now its become constant, he will be asleep..as soon as i put him down he will wake up, he is giving me alot of trouble when trying getting to sleep, i just dont know what to do, at the end of my teather! He wasnt usually like this, but i go to my inlaws and spend a week n half there, they held him constantly, just wouldnt put him down, and im too worried about offending them by telling them to put him down. but now im having to deal with this madness, i cant get him to go sleep in the cot, cant put him down for a moment, he goes wild! is there anyway to wean him off being held and get him used to not being held again??

Last edited:
Yep I have the same crap to deal with hun. As my MIL does the same she cuddles him like a doll/newborn baby and it pisses me off. I can't say much as I'm scared she would bite my head off or say I'm being stubborn as she helps us out alot with money and household items.

I just stopped cuddling him here and tried to make him amused with a ceiling projector and toys and music and left him crying and did it that way.

I have it everytime she has him and now I just leave him and do the crying method as he stands up and waits at the bars. I just put him back down and tuck him in and walk away ever 5- 10 mins x

He evenutally goes to sleep and I am not breaking my back carrying him around his room til he falls asleep as he is too big now x

You just got to remain strong stick to your guns and let your little one know your not going to stand for him being a mardy bum.

Also try telling them not to cuddle him so much as its not what you want x

Yeah i'd say its because of family holding him, he's used to it now & It wont be long before he's used to the old way again, just keep strong & give him lots to be entertained with. Theres not much you can do about family cuddling too much, I find its akward to bring up. I would try & take him off family member & say...do u mind if I take him & put him (in his seat..whatever)...im trying to get him used to being in it. I cant imagine they'd say no to that.

:)

But what can I do about the change in surrounding, going in between home and inlaws, I can't get out of going over n staying, what can i do to make it easier for him being between places

But what can I do about the change in surrounding, going in between home and inlaws, I can't get out of going over n staying, what can i do to make it easier for him being between places

He'll soon get used to the inlaws as much as yours. Put him down for naps a bit more, just now he'll associate being at inlaws with being held constantly. Try with putting him down more while there. Also, try taking his favourite teddy or toy, it will have your house smell on it. Maybe even try leaving a toy at inlaws for a week or 2 then taking it home that way he'll smell it in your home if that makes sense!

:)

Last edited:
It's so hard, isn't it! I love holding babies and want my inlaws to get cuddles too but then they all go to bed and I am left with a baby who won't go to sleep on his own. I put LO in his chair a couple of hours before bedtime so he can wind down a bit and when he drops off I transfer him to his crib, maybe you could tell them your starting a new routine and do this?

Mother in law isn't the most understanding :'( she says babies don't nerd a routine ergh, o can't argue with her, she will literallybbite my.head off, I bought his floor cushion and plonked him on that today, he seemed more relaxed than before, guess Il just have to bring familiar things each time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back