worn out - so tired.. is this normal?

hayley

Reaction score
does anyone else feel worn out and tired through out the day?

Just today i went shopping for a christmas tree, picked up a few present and lastly food shopping.. I didn't do a lot more than i would usually do during a saturday but now i am totally worn out! I couldn't even hold a conversation on the phone... I'm 6 weeks pregnant - i didn't think i'd be so tired this early on... I supose i should start taking things a little easier!

Is it normal to fee like this early on?

x

Hi. Yep its normal, I was the same from about 5 weeks. Even if I hadnt done nothing at all during the day it still felt like id ran a marathon. Got better when I was about 10 weeks, still have tired days though.
Rachel xx

Hi Hayley,

It's normal, i was the same from about 4/5 weeks up untill about week 9/10. The tiredness was unreal i use to get up, get to work and feel that i could have a kip there and then.....and at the end of the day i would be exhausted. Now i don't feel as tired, just the odd day like Rachel said, so it does get better!

Take care

Amy

hi hayley hun its completely normal up until i was about 10 weeks i felt completely exhausted all the time still get tired very quickly now but it does ease off eventually just try and follow what your body tells you if your tired try and rest and if possible and your not working try and have an afternoon nap i found i could not stay awake past 9 most nights it was awful lol xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hayley

Yep it's completely normal, I was absolutley shattered until about 10/12 weeks. I was going to sleep sometimes just after 8.30pm!!!!

Xxx

Thanks for your replies.. glad i'm not the only one.... I'm worn out after a bit of house work.... gives me a good excuse to stop for a power nap...

x

TIRED??!! I have never been so tired, i sleep at nights for 14 hours and still have an afternoon sleep, I have been very sick too since i was 5 weeks, i am now 10wks plus 5...... cant wait till the energy boast kicks in that everyone keeps telling me about. xxxx

My energy boost is wearing off now and i'm back to needing power naps! i'm up through the night too though. either for the loo or because of heartburn.

pregnancy is like a rollacoaster :lol: symptoms etc never seem to be the same for more than two weeks! x

am i sleeping too much or are my stomach muscles stretching?

sorry if my question has confussed you! i tend to feel tired around 8.30 so i usually end up lying on the couch... around 9.30 to 10.00 i drop off to sleep..... DH usually wakes me at 11 to go to bed... the last few nites i've been woken up with bad lower back aches... (which i tend to experience when i sleep in late...) like my back aches with lying down to much.... but i wouldn't say I'm over sleeping! anyway the last 2 nites i've lay awake from about 5ish with these aches... finally getting up around 6.30 for a little walk around the house... and like magic they go away! so could i be laying too long? but then i've been told that our stomach muscles are stretching and getting stronger which in turn gives us aches and pains... could this be the reason?

x

Thank goodness its not just me that feels like that. Im permenantly knackered and my toddler bless her is hyper. She naps during the day and so do I but I feel worse after lying down and napping.
Im waiting patiently for week 10. Im only 8 weeks. Arrgghhh.

Laura.

Hayley

I too have been suffering with the same lower back pains when I have been laying down for long periods, which is more often than not latley, lol!!!! They like your pains go away instantly when I get up and walk around :?

On Christmas day I could hardly walk with a pain in my back - I put it down to carrying the heavy bag of Chrsitmas pressies round to my mum and dads but dad (whose a trained physio!) had a look and told me that it was due to my body changing to carry a baby - well he said it more technically than that!!!

They were both very different pains but probably caused by the same thing!!!!

Xxx

I used to get the back pain too from laying down so much. I was so tired I was signed off work with exhaustion and only had a 4 week pregnancy energy boost at about 22 weeks!!

It does ease off though near 12 weeks xx

does anyone feel like they are moaning all the time? i've started keeping my aches and pains to myself becasue i feel like i'm constantly moaning! no-one has told me i'm moaning but i feel like a boring, crying cow! I really didn't think i would feel like this... and i don't even feel pregnant! not that i've been pegnant before! but i imagined it to be full of happiness and birds singing over head!!! instead i'm emotional (snapping at DH daily then feeling guilty for doing so) boring because i can't join in with everyone else and have a drink (it's so much harder laughing at drunken jokes when your stone cold sober) tired (which makes me feel guilty as i'm always a sleep on one end of the couch leaving DH to watch telly alone) headaches etc etc - there i go again moaning!!!!!

9 weeks today - come on 12th week.... i'm really relying on this energy boost!!!

sorry for moaning - feel guilty now!

x

Don't worry.

I found the first trimester to be the hardest part. I was extremely tired, nauseous and had terrible headaches three times a week.

The first part of pregnancy when the hormones rise is, in my opinion, the worst bit.

Apart from feeling a bit crippled physically, I have bloomed ever since. You just need to ride this part out and you will feel a lot better. In fact I felt better at ten and a half weeks so you should feel better quite soon!

Hayley

I have just laughed out loud to your post, everything you are saying is totally me too :D :D

I too feel as though I am moaning all the time. Feeling sick, hungry but not being able to eat much, really tired and always falling asleep but then waking up in the night and just laying awake for hours, snapping at DH and feeling really irritated by him and he hadn't done anything at all and getting headaches all the time and that was just the first trimester :D

Now I am faced with big boobs and wearing really unattractive maternity bras which do nothing towards helping you to feel sexy, not feeling attractive in any item of clothing that I put on, still getting headaches and waking in the night but not feeling as tired as I did in the early stages. I have started to keep my moans to myself and have actually on more than one occasion p****d myself off so god knows what others think of me :? The latest is definatley the clothes situation, all I need do is look in the mirror and I am crying uncontrollably - please hormones sort yourself out :)

Don't anyone think that I am ungrateful for being PG - I wouldn't change it for the world, I just want to start to feel attractive and pregnant!!!!!

Xxx

Hi Lindsey

You've cheered me up! i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels like this... I agree with the maturnity bra's - not the sexiest! although i feel the most unsexy person in the world at the moment! DH has made a few choice comments about my fleecy PJ's lately.... He says it take me longer to get dressed for bed than dressed for work! but i'm at that stage where i want to feel soft warm fabrics on my skin not sexy lace.... I did however get a few bargain bits today from cheshire oaks.. I found some nice underwear in peach - which makes a change from the standard black or white i;ve been wearing! I also got a wrap over dress which can be worn over a pair of jeans, a cream vest top to go under and a short cream wrap which knots under the chest.... I can mix and match the 3 pieces with jeans. The best part was the price - £9 for all 3 items. Original price came to £75...

Sarah - thanks for your reply.. I shouldn't moan - being pregnant is the best thing that has happened to me... and i wouldn't change a thing!

Hi Hayley

We have been to DH family do this afternoon and I didn't feel too bad - I had a bath and put all my body creams on and then took the time to do my make-up properly and straighten my hair properly and then put on my topshop maternity jeans and the top that I bought from red herring yesterday (which was only £16!) and I felt great!!!! I even text mum to tell her that I felt good - she must think I am crackers, lol!!!!

Hormones are wonderful aren't they, ok one day and down the next, joy oh joys :D :D

Xxx

glad you had a good time at your in-laws... I'm going to make an effort tomorrow nite! i'm sitting here with a treatment on my hair at the moment! I need to get myself some of these TopShop jeans i've heard so much about them... I love jeans... you can dress them up or down!

Hormones - just had a little cry at Eastenders! Got Madonna's old CD for christmas - Papa don't preach... that got me started too!

x

Morning :D

I am going to make an effort tonight again too - certainly makes a difference to how you hold yourself if you feel confident :)

I can't believe that it's New Years Eve already, time is flying by!!!! There is normally 10 couples, including Dh and I that go out together, we all end up drinking wine (dry white chardonnay, hmmmm :D ) and getting really merry :D well this year I have told DH that I couldn't face sitting there with them all drunk and me being sober so we aren't going out for a meal with them all - instead we are going to the local pub. My mum and dad and DH's mum and dad will be there along with my 2 brothers and sister and their partners - and I am guessing that DH's single mates will all be in too so he will be happy drinking pints with them :D :D

Happy New Year to everyone, just think tomorrow we can say that we will be meeting our bean this year, how exciting :D :D

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back