Working Tax Credit

HideiLu

Reaction score
Just found out today that OH and I will get no working tax credit what so ever :( Bit pants - our joint income last year was just over £23k - What are the boundaries for being able to claim? Or is around £11k each considered a high income now?!

I wasn't sure if I would get it but I called and a nice girl talked me through everything and I do. I earned £19K last year.

Not sure about the cut off - is it on the website?

not sure about cut off but there is a calculator on their site that tells you how much working / child tax credit you are likely to be entitled to. We only get a couple of quid working tax credit a week but quite a bit of child tax credit so that worked out ok for us :)

I'm not sure, but I recently filled out the form and it seems like you or your partner have to work over 16 hours but below 30 hours per week.

Me and OH earn over 40k combined an we get 20 quid a week.

Hope this helps :cheer:

Kim x x x x

You should be entitled to something if that was your joint income from last year. Have you spoke to some one there about it?

Hope this helps

Kim x x x x

Hmm that's interesting!
Emma58 said:
You should be entitled to something if that was your joint income from last year. Have you spoke to some one there about it?

Going by Kims comment then I think I will ask! Thanks ladies! it would be such a HUGE help if we even just got £5! That pays for bread and milk doesn't it! (What I always say to OH!)

I have just informed them of my income going down and we are getting an extra £22 per week.

You will definitely be entitled to something.

Meggiewoo said:

Hope this helps :cheer:

Kim x x x x

Are you sure that that is Working Tax Credit and not Child Tax Credit?

You're entitled to child tax credit but I don't think you'd get working tax credit. I think it's the same form though.

We dont get it either, even taking into consideration our childcare costs :twisted: I think the limit is something stupid like £15k joint income :think: We earn about £26k a year but pay out almost £3k a year for nursery costs and they wouldnt help us. We received about an extra £10 a week tax credits towards the childcare but it doesnt come near :wall:

im sure its 15k joint aswell , we dont get anything and im not working and brian earns 24k

I spoke to Tax Credits last night and Saturday to try and sort out the same problems.
We have approx joint income of 30k a year and was awarded approx £20pw Child Tax Credit, and nothing for Working Tax Credit.
I spoke to a friend who said we should have claimed the Maternity Grant but said that we earnt to much and couldnt, she advised i rang up tax credit and changed my income for 2008/9 to the correct amount now (so meant dropping around 7k off my 2007/8 salary) this would then mean the tax credits would be amended and we could then claim. We received our amended tax credits but the award hadnt changed even though 7k was taken off my salary and was told by them that the threshold bracket is £22k to £59k and as we still hadnt fallen under to 22k mark nothing would change :evil: :evil:
I then asked about childcare costs and was told that they pay upto 80% of the fees.
I'm noemally pretty good and being able to work things like this out but Tax Credits are doing my head in :wall: :wall:

The whole things stupid...

we get nout, nothing - yet with a joint income of over 60k a year, we have paid the most in taxes over the years, yeat are getting the least out of the system - makes me sick.

You should get something even if its just like a token amout, every little helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back