Working Mums To Be...

Mummy Rich

Reaction score
How long are you planning to work up until? :think:

Is there a recommended time? :think:

Have you worked whilst pregnant before and what was your experience?
:D :moon: (i just like this smiley!) :doh: :talkhand: :wall: 8) :lol:

*I may have the possibility of another teaching contract after december but it may mean trying to work till I am about 8 months or just over. Know it will be taxing but just wanted to hear your views to prepare myself!*

Loves to you all xxx :hug:

I was planning on working right up until a couple of weeks beforehand. But I guess I wouldn't set that in stone incase there are any complications. I am finding it so hard to work right now.... feeling SO :puke: :puke: :puke:

I don't think there's a rule- just what you are comfortable with and don't push yourself

Hi,

I worked up until the a week before my first but i really needed the money!!! also i found it quite easy as i work in an office so spent alot of the time on my bk side!!! :lol:

I plan on doing the same this time fingers crossed, because of the money, the longer i can wait to go on SMP the better, but it all depends on how im feeling

I am actually quite lucky cos I work part time from home as a typist so I dont need to even go on maternity leave as such. Tho I am planning on taking a couple of weeks off before my due date and then about a month off after. I can work when the baby is sleeping or when hubby is at home.

I work as a travel agent and I think il probably work up until about 5 weeks before, something like that. Not totally decided yet! Depends what your job entails and whether you can sit down alot.

With my first pregnancy I was working as a beauty therapist and I had to leave work at 29 weeks cos I had bleeding...so you just dont know!

I was advised to have about 2 weeks off before the due date to let you body relax a little. So I plan on working up to 8.5 months (providing all is well).

I think its personal preference, but the less time you have off before the more time you can have afterwards with baby.

1st baby was suspended from work so sat on my arse for the whole 9 months :D

2nd worked in supported living doing sleepins etc worked until 35 weeks

3rd i work in a office and spend alot of time reading this forum :rotfl: so hopefully I will work up to as late as possible :D

Hi!!
I'm a teacher too, and i''m really, really hoping to work up until 38 weeks (which may be daft...what do other people think?!) I'm not sure if i will be allowed to do this though, as it will mean i will be expecting to work for two weeks after the easter hols...not really the ideal time for a new teacher to start. However, i teach year 6 and want to get them as close to their SATs as i can!!! I also want mor time off after the birth!
xxx

I was originally planning to work right up till a couple of weeks before the due date but now I think I want to take a couple of months and relax because I'm getting really stressed at work

Last time I worked up to 2 weeks before my due date and went back part time for monetary reasons when the baby was 6 months old.

This time I will do the very same thing :D !

It just depends on how you feel, there's no right or wrong time to stop and start again. Just do what is best for your family.

:hug:

Hi mummy rich,

(Not long til your in 2nd Tri????!)

I don't get leave so am working up to as far as my body will allow! From what my friends have done they try to work as late as possible then they get more time with the LO when it arrives. Guess your body will let you know.
Tx

Part of the reason that i'm wanting a few weeks before baby arrives is that i'm hoping to be able to start working on my own company from home and if that's sucessful I'll just not go back to work after baby arrives because I'll just stay off - that's dependant on OH's job taking off though - but judging by this month that's looking likely :D

lizi said:
Part of the reason that i'm wanting a few weeks before baby arrives is that i'm hoping to be able to start working on my own company from home and if that's sucessful I'll just not go back to work after baby arrives because I'll just stay off - that's dependant on OH's job taking off though - but judging by this month that's looking likely :D

How exciting! Everything's worth a try, hope it kicks off for you. You'll be able to multitask the job and being mum at home then - best of both worlds!
Good luck - keep us posted :)

Thank you :) it is quite exciting and if it works it means I'll just be able to work from home permenantly and that means being able to work around baby

I have been working in an office and will continue to do so until about 4 weeks before the due date.

Its stressing me out really badly already though. 18 weeks to go and counting lol.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back