Working from home after pregnancy. How did it work out for you?

sydneyfelard

Reaction score
Hey girls!
I found out I'm pregnant a couple of days ago and I'm so excited to switch from TTC to having a little baby bump. I'm working hard after I got mu bachelor's degree and I was wondering where would my career life be headed after I welcome my little one into this world.

Hubby and I are financially independent but I'm still interested in maintaining a part-time or freelance position in my field. How did that work out for those of you who're in the same situation?

I'm currently working full-time as a home cleaner at Fantastic Cleaners in Sydney and I think of going part-time a couple of months after I give birth.

Looking forward to hearing your opinion and experiences!

Last edited:
After I had my lb I worked from home 4 hours a week as well as going into the office 3 days a week and I found it really tough to just fit those 4 hours in. I tried to fit it in between naps but unfortunately he would only sleep on my so that was a bit of a mission!

Hi after a year's maternity I went bk part time doing 16hrs a week and can work at home. It can be tough when they are over a year as they don't need as much sleep but over the course of the week I can do it. I do have help two afternoons a week where the in-laws come and take her out of a walk for a few hours. Some weeks are easier than others. For me it's the best of both worlds but can be tough. All children are different too so what works for one child may not work for another, good luck though it's a wonderful time.

Working from home can be an absolute blessing but also has its challenges.. Obviously there are pros and cons to everything so it's worth really pinning down what your priorities are and basing a decision around that. Personally, I love the flexibility, the fact I don't need child care and the fact I can be there for my daughter whenever she needs me (being able to attend all the preschool events etc. is lovely!) My struggles are centered around not being able to concentrate, being at 'work' all the time (not being able to shut off as my home is essentially my office) and loneliness - I find it incredibly lonely and do miss the working environment and adult company from time to time! I plan on taking as long a break as I can once the new baby comes :) Good luck with whatever you decide and congratulations on your pregnancy! xx

Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I am self employed and I actually work from my mum's house, so sort of working from home. I am due in about 6.5 weeks and plan on returning to work a few months after I deliver, and was sort of wondering the same stuff.

I think it will work out okay, but I have my doubts, I am a dog groomer so the room gets very warm and hairy whilst I am at work, and I was trying to plan a way that the baby could be in a different room with a monitor etc, it is just so hard to know what to do!

Failing that, I will work on a day that my Fiance has off, so I can get on and concentrate.

We will see how this actually pans out in a few months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back