working after m/c

HannahD

Reaction score
My m/c started on Sunday and nature is doing it's thing at the moment, which is horrendous to have to go through.
I'm still having to work though as there are only 2 of us in the office and my boss is on holiday until after xmas. I work for the local council and they've said to cut my hours down from 10-12 (I only work in the morning), which is nice of them but I'm finding it really hard to concentrate as I'm so tired and could just sleep at my desk.

I'm absolutely exhausted and my tummy hurts so much when I walk and i'm sure I shouldn't be here, but I have no choice. I am resting lots when I'm at home ~ the poor dogs are getting cabin fever as they haven't been out since Sunday morning! ~ but i'm in a lot of pain and the bleeding is still fairly heavy at points.

When did you ladies go back to work after your m/c's?

i was signed off by the doctor for a month (1 week in hospital, 2 weeks signed of after, then i asked for another week on top)

i can see why u feel like u have to go in cuz there is only 2 of u but surely they have procedures for emergency cover??? i would personally go to the docs and get a sick note then they cannot grumble.

even after having a month off, i was a total wreck when i went back to work, very depressed and in fits of tears all the time. i would give yourself some healing time hun. you need to put yourself first. bug hug :hug:

i'm so sorry for your loss hannah. i work mondays, tuesdays and saturdays and i took saturday 22nd off, and the following monday, tuesday and saturday again. so only 4 days but i was off from the 17th to the 28th so 11 days including non-working days.

i was lucky to not be in any physical pain, but my head was a mess. i only got out of my hole after the bleeding stopped and i could pee without being reminded of what happened.

if u need the time off, have it. u gotta put yourself first xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had mine on a friday and went back in on the wednesday, as I only work Wed- Fri but it is a very personal decision - I was better being distracted by work and I stopped bleeding - but they were quite surprised to see me. If you don't feel like you should be there, you must get signed off - I know its horrible leaving people in the lurch but your health has got to come first and you do need time to grieve.

When I had my mmc last year, I had school Christmas holidays, so I didn't go back to work until 1.5 weeks after the ordeal. However, once I arrived I broke down and cried. It was then I realised I couldn't teach. Fortunately, my managers were really sympathetic and allowed me only to do some administrative work (my suggestion) while someone else was found to take over my lessons until I could start teaching part time again (I was working full time until the mmc).

My work isn't stressful, I normally sit there surfing the net! It's just walking about leaves me in a lot of discomfort at the moment and i'm still bleeding :( Is it normal to bleed for a long time once it's happened? This is the 4th day now.
I think i'll see how I get on working just 2hrs for the next couple of days and if i'm no better after the weekend I'll get signed off for Mon-Wed next week. The people who do know what's happened are amazed i'm working! I do feel guilty about not being there but next week won't really matter as most offices will be closed over the xmas period. Just annoying that my boss is away and there's no one else that could step in.

Emotionally I'm doing ok. I have the odd moment when it hits me and i'm really sad but I was thinking the other day that because I had a blighted ovum there was nothing there, there was never really a baby growing inside me, which makes it a little easier. I'm just hanging on to the fact that I got pregnant after trying for so long and hopefully it'll happen again for us.

Everyone around me has been so amazing and supportive. It's just going to take time to get over this and move on. We both want to start trying as soon as we can but I'm going to let my body have a break for a bit while it gets over this....bless it, it's been through hell the last few days.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

in answer to your question about bleeding- i was bleeding for nearly 2 whole weeks!! and i only mc at 5 weeks too. but it was never heavy, i didnt even need towels only pantliners. hopefully for you it wont be as long as 2 weeks! x x

trixipaws said:
in answer to your question about bleeding- i was bleeding for nearly 2 whole weeks!! and i only mc at 5 weeks too. but it was never heavy, i didnt even need towels only pantliners. hopefully for you it wont be as long as 2 weeks! x x

Oh sweetie, that's not nice :hug: I just read that it can normally take between 7-10 days for it to settle down so I can relax now!
Just crashed out in bed for 2hrs :sleep: I can't believe how utterly exhausted this has left me. Mind you, it's been an emotional rollercoaster since Thursday night so I shouldn't be too hard on myself. I can't stop yawning!

xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back