Endometrium after a m/c

buddabun

Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if maybe there is some truth in the old 'wait a few months before ttc again' thing. I mean, surely a m/c is heavier than a normal period (mine have both been so far... and only early ones at that).

So I'm wondering if maybe we should have waited after the first m/c for a month or something to let my endometrium build back up and maybe that's why I miscarried again this month. I got pregnant straight away after the first - maybe my uterus wasn't thick enough for the embryo to stick around...? It implanted as I had some implantation bleeding (which I have never had before) but only stayed there a week...

Of course, it could just be bad luck and been genetically abnormal both times, but does anyone think there is a connection between trying again so soon and having another m/c...?

I am very hesitant to ttc again but on the other hand dont want to waste any time. but if this is going to keep happening maybe I should leave it a month?

What do you think?

my mate had a miscarriage and dint av anutha period b4 she got preggy n shes got a 4month old baby girl...i think it cud b a number of reason to y its happened ...it may be that your hormone levels was still high frm ur lst pregnancy and was jst a normal period not a miscarriage ,,,,i dont want to sound horrible here in saying tht i jst meen u could of still had high hormones in ur body i was getting bfp 4 3/4 weeks after my miscarriage ...jst do what ever feels natural hun if u want to try agen thn do soo xxxxx :hug: :hug:

I wondered this too - but I asked the GP and she said this is not the case. The only reason they generally tell you to wait for your next period is so that it is easier to work out your dates when you do get pregnant and she said there is nothing to say that you can't get BFP straight after a miscarriage.

Think we're just unlucky hun :hug:

Larisa I had thought that but my hCG was 7.1 when I miscarried (i.e. very low indeed) and all pregnancy symptoms had disappeared long before I stopped bleeding. This was a separate pregnancy.

It just sucks that I lost 2 so close together so it made me wonder if maybe my body hadn't recovered. Even though I was physically fine, it was a very early m/c and I felt completely back to normal, maybe my uterus wasn't ready.

I just don't want to get knocked up again this month and lose it again. Do you think the chances would be any better if I waited for one AF before trying again...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back