work!

LouLou1986

Reaction score
as everyone must know first 12 weeks u have to be really carefull as theres a 5% chance of mc, but what jobs do you all do and how are you taking it easy and just basicly juggling work and house work and kids??

im asking as im a care assistant and im finding it sooo hard to be a work and try to be carefull but i cnt have time off as i cnt afford it basicly!!!

i work in a nursery with kids from 2- school. Its hard because there are a few things i can't do anymore, i have told my work however so there are also things they have told me i'm not to do. (moving furniture etc) I live on my own so i do my cleaning on the weekends really which gives me 2 days so i can do it at my pace.luckily i live in a flat so don't have to go up and down stairs a lot which i think really doesn't help. my work have done (well in process of writing) my risk assessment which all works should do. If there is anything you don't feel you can do then tell them. I'm sure there are other duties you can do which aren't so strenuous.

Have you told your work yet? If you have, then they have a duty of care to look after you, and you shouldnt have to do anything that may put you under stress, etc.

Unfortunatly, I have had to tell my work the day after I found out!! Im a police officer, so had to change my job immedietly, and come out of uniform -which meant now everyone at work knows!!! But, im kept a close eye on, and cant do anything that may result in confrontation and stress (the most fav parts of my job as well - booo). Although, saying that, im still getting just as stressed sitting behind a desk all day, lol, just want to be out doing what I love doing. xxx

yea they know i told them as soon as i found out they sent me home yesterday due to me starting to spot, problem with my job its theres nothing really i can do safely!! once i hit 12 weeks all the more better :-(

I know how you feel, just waiting for the 12 weeks to come, and especially when everyone has known for ages, it seems to take longer - it does go fairly quick if thats any consolation- not quick enough though! x

I work in a vets so as soon as i knew i had to do a huge risk assesment. I worked with a lot of dangerous drugs such as chemo which i no longer do. I prep for x-rays but have to be outside the building depending on the size of the animal. I also do most of the theatre duties but am not allowed to induce with gas or be in the room as they recover.

I have to gown up and wear a mask and gloves when drawing up other drugs and cleaning up waste and spillages.

The only issue i have with my work conditions is im still expected to do the same shifts as before, so thats 12-7 five days a week and 8-12.00, possibly later every other week. This is due to one nurse having commitments around her 4 year child and the other likes her shifts to much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back