morning sickness and work?

melanieyeah

Reaction score
Hi guys, do any of you suffer morning sickness and have to work? I work 40 hours a week in a shop environment (sale assistant) and worry that if when i get p/g I will be sick at work. What remedies work well? what can I do, i know I will get it as my sisters got it, but I need to be prepared.. I dont want to throw up at work lol! heelp

hi hun i work in a shop too and theres not much you can do i find a hankie with lavender on it in my pocket helps with smells we get ppl coming in with food in their bags etc and the smell makes me heave so i sniff my hankie till its gone lol and i suck bits of crystalized ginger while im on shop floor and that helps good luck xxxxx

haha thats such a good idea! so hankie and crystalised ginger, any other remedies anyone?

Hiya,

I found that eating little and often helped me stop feeling sick so much, and making sure you drink plenty too. My doc told me to have an Actimel drink every day coz that helps settle the tum and is good for you and the baby, that's something you could start taking now.

I also find that if I stand for too long it makes me feel bad and hurts my back so try and sit regularly and have rests if poss. prob quite difficult in a shop. I'm lucky as I work part time so it's not too much of a problem. I had the doc sign me off for 2 weeks coz I had an infection, headaches/migraines & sickness. When your time comes don't worry about ringing in sick if you're that bad, companies have to respect that you can feel crappy!

So all you need now is your BFP - hurry up girl, what u doing? come & join us in the 'I feel poo' gang! :lol:

Nicki.x :D

hahahah! bless, im trying my best, just got af today so I am a bit bummed :( but hey, theres always next month lol! If life at work does get too hard i can cut my hours down to part time but it wont be easy financially. Im gonna go buy me some actimel :p lol thanks for your advice girlies! hope to be in the puke club soon!.. well i dont, im hoping i will be a lucky one, but ha! fat chance! :p xxxxxxxxxxx

hya girls nicki being in the i feel poo gang lol that made me giggle tis so true lol
ive been drinking the vitality drinks everyday rather than actimel you can buy raspberry flavour and they are quite nice :) ive found they have also helped with other symptoms like trapped wind, constipation and nausea :D xxxxxx

:D are they expensive to buy? I will get my o/h to get some from tescos later lol(he works there) I also saw some acupressure bands in boots, supposed to help with sickness, both pregnancy related and motion sickness, but wondered if anyone tried them before?? thanks girlies! :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The good old sea sick bands worked for me as well as a very sweet tea as soon as i got to work. I found my sickness was worse when i was hungry or my blood sugar was low, the sweet tea and a biscuit sorted that right out! I'm now addicted to tea and hated before i was pregnant!

Sending you baby dust and i hope you can be in the first trimester forum soon! :D

some great ideas ladies! thanks so much for your input, now I have nothing to worry about when ''my time comes'' :) thanks again, gona go get me my bands to wear now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back