Work Issues

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey,
I was really down about my delayed scan date and my collague decided to tell me when I return from maternity leave there might not be a job share for me (I teach and only want part time) and that they dont know what there will be for me. Maybe only a day! Im gutted, fancy telling me that now so ive all year to worry about it :mad: x

That sounds awful. Do you currently work full time or part time? They surely have to offer you exactly the same conditions as you have now, but if you want to go from FT to PT I'm not sure what the situation is.

On a separate note can I ask when did you notify your work? I'm only just over 4 weeks now, and would like to keep it quiet for at least another month but have started feeling sick today and I concerned that if it carries on or gets worse then I'll be heading out of my lessons next week!

Any advice, and hope you can sort things out with work.

xx

I'm not sure but I don't think they can do this x I can't be very much help but there's all sorts of laws regarding maternity leave and back to work afterwards x hope you get it sorted chick x

I told head when I was 9 wks as I was a bit sicky and needed time off for a midwife appointment and they knew I was trying really! I told everyone else only last wk, which started because someone asked haha. Hope that helps!
Thanks both of you, its just a worry I could do without. Going from FT to PT would ideally like 2 or 3 days, but they said I may only get one, which isnt really worth me going back! I read that they have to offer reasonable PT hours, which really should be at least 16 hrs. Cant believe they are being so mean, I work my backside off, it seems the more you give the more you get shit on!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back