• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Work have overpaid me maternity and want it back

Becs

Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't notice! They have over paid me by £2700 and want it back. That's how to empty my account in one foul swoop :evil: :evil: They have kindly told me I can payin installments.... how generous :roll:

So pissed off!!!

:hug: :hug: sorry hun.

does it mean you'll have to go back to work and pay it back before you take maternity leave with bubby two? x

Wasn't planning on going back at all. I thought it would be evil of me to go back for just three months and then take maternity again. But now I might consider it. Fortunetly hubby does well enough for both of us so I don't have to. Good job I hadn't spent it all, that's a lot of money to anyone and I know I am not the only employee they have done it to. :shakehead:

I know the feeling, I decided not to go back to work after maternity leave and now have to pay back £7500 :shock: I cant pay in installments so good job I kept all the extra maternity pay aside so they can take it when they want....they still havent though :think:

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG Thank God you were so sensible!!!

wow how have they managed to make a mistake like that?!

I worked out that if I hadn't gone back to work for 3 months after maternity that I would have owed £1200. That was the only reason I actually went back. Going back part time still counts though, so that's a way to do it. Alternatively if it was a payroll error made completely as their fault, you should repay in amounts that won't affect you - they can't make you pay back any quicker if it was their fault they overpaid. Claim that taking a certain amount would cause "financial hardship". That was the phrase our payroll use to understand that you can't afford to pay it back. If the only reason that you owe the money is that you aren't returning to work, then they are fully entitled to the money back as you were probably made aware of it somehow before you left that the mat pay was paid to you on proviso that you would return after the mat leave.

If that makes sense x

i was overpaid too, but luckily i checked my wages down to the last penny every week and it was only about £90 :hug:

Becs said:
Wasn't planning on going back at all. I thought it would be evil of me to go back for just three months and then take maternity again. But now I might consider it. Fortunetly hubby does well enough for both of us so I don't have to. Good job I hadn't spent it all, that's a lot of money to anyone and I know I am not the only employee they have done it to. :shakehead:

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????

JUST SEEN YOUR TICKER OH MY GOD CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, take the money and run hun. Got your PM - have replied on reflux thread xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back