Wont take bottle.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by amylou86, Jan 19, 2008.

1. amylou86

amylou86 Well-Known Member

Lola will only take a bottle off me! I left her yesterday and today all day with a sitter and she refused to eat until i fed her when i got home.im really worried cause im supposed to be going back work soon but cant leave her while she wont feed off anyone else. I only left her for 5hours each time. Im worried she might be starving and could harm her.she really is a fussy baby. Anybody else's baby like this? What do i do?? :(

2. Nicky_Jones

Nicky_Jones Well-Known Member

I went back to work when Ellie was 5months. We had a lot of trouble getting her to take a bottle and in to start with she was taking 1oz each from 2 bottles during the 8hr period she was in nursery. They were very good with her and came up with suggestions to help. One was to give them a muslin cloth that smelt of me.

You LO looks older than that so I guess they are on solids? They certainly won't starve during that period. Are they taking water from a beaker as well? That will stop them getting dehydrated. Might be worth offering the milk from a beaker rather than a bottle?