wont have a bottle :(

kayleighsmum

Reaction score
i have been bf my dd for 14 weeks now but want to start weaning her on the bottle. We tried her last night and she didnt want to know. She wont suck on teet. Any ideas on how i can get to take a bottle?

It might be hard on everyones emotions, but I would suggest that yu just persevere. She'll take it... might just take a bit of time. Also, start it during the day - continue bf morning and bedtime. I would think trying when she's hungry, but not too tired.

Well done and good luck.
:D Emilia xx

thanks hun, it tried her yesterday tea time but she screamed i ended up feeding her myself! i dont want to give up yet but i dont want to get throught screaming fits every night!

Night time is always the hardest one. It is so difficult to see them upset.
Are you going back to work?
I've tried Oscar several times with bottle, but no luck. I didn't stick to it!! :doh:

Like I said... might be worth starting bottle during the day and bf am and pm. From there you can gratually drop bf and give bottle. When these little bunnies are tired - they're looking for boobie comfort... they've become so use to it being their little safe haven!

Emilia xx

aw sorry you're having problems hun.. i'm now quite glad that ruben had the odd bottle from birth, he will happily drink from anything now, boobie, bottle, beaker or just a cup (he actually prefers just a cup to a beaker with a spout)

have you tried different types of teats? i know there is now a bottle that looks like a boobie, and also someone said the new tommee tippee ones that have just come on the market are quite good.

good luck hun, with perseverance it will happen! :D

I had the same problem with Brody.

Are you trying Expressed or formula?
I'd recommend the tommee tippee teats and expressed BM. Unfortunatley you just have to keep trying, one day she will just take it :)

Sorry you are having probs, i know how this feels.

Had a nightmare at the beginning with BF so tried Dom on the bottle loads and he would not take it. In the end I gave up with bottle and just BF now and am glad I did, although I wish he would still take a bottle every now and then.

i think if you keep trying (I gave up) he will get the hang of it if he knows it's not coming from elsewhere and he is hungry etc.

Good luck babe :)

The new tommie tippee bottles and teats are excellent!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back